Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love vs Weight

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:57 AM
  • 11 Replies

I met this guy that I really like and while getting to know him I found that he is more manly than all the men put together that I have ever had in my past. He's a provider, he's sweet, listens well and definitely an overachiever. I really like him but one thing is really keeping me from being with him and thats his weight. Now dont get me wrong i have always been attracted to thick men but he is really overweight. I am even a larger woman myself so I know what its like to be judged on your looks. He tells me how beautiful I am and that he has never met a woman with such a big heart like me. He is a very hard worker and overall a good man. He has been asking me lately to be in a relationship with him and I just dont know what to tell him. I really want to give him the love that he deserves but I have been trying to think of a way to tell him about the weight issue but I just cant. I will not by any means hurt his feelings. He's too sweet and lovable and I refuse to break his heart. He is very confident in who he is and I have never met anyone like him. What would you do in this situation. 

by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corib4687
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:59 AM
I would give him a chance! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singletiredmom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
As you said you're overweight and know what it's like to be judged so give this guy a chance. You may find yourself head over heals and suddenly the weight won't matter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you should give him a chance. We fall in love with what's inside, not what's outside. At some point you might suggest going on a diet together so his feelings wouldn't be hurt by you telling him alone to lose weight.
GraceHudson
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:55 AM
bump

brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

He soujnds like a guy I know.  Here's how I think, years ago, I met a skinny man (yes, he was nice looking and all) - I loved him to death.  As the years go by the skinniess turns a little bit chunkier when he gets to the half century mark, he becomes overweitght.  When you truly find love, that person you were with years ago, will not always be the same as the years before.  If you truly love someone, you will stick by their side through the thin and thick of it all. 

ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Give him a chance. Besides weight can be changed. Y'all could get healthy together. If that's what you choose.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Amanda on May. 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Im going to go against what everyone else is saying and say let him find someone else. Going into a relationship wanting someone to change is an extremely bad start and it almost never works out.
If you really, truly thought he could be the one then his weight wouldn't even be an issue. Saying something to him about it is only going to hurt him and hang a dark cloud over both of you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mia1983
by Mia on May. 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Losing weight is something that could require a major lifestyle change. I don't think it's a good idea to go into a relationship with hopes that will happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GodchickwithMS
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM
I am thin, and when I reunited with my Highschool sweetheart, he was obese, due to his wife leaving him! He lost weight as we went for walks and he ate healthier cuz I was cooking! give him a shot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM
If you can love someone, you love the person, not the package they walk around in.

If you think he's a great guy BUT.... Then you need to walk away without saying it's his weight.

I agree that you can't go into a relationship HOPING he'll change. It's a set up for failure from the beginning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)