Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

need advice.

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM
  • 5 Replies
My son is 6.5 and has seen his father a hand ful.of.times. his father hasn't seen or spoken to him since Oct of 2011.

His dad is texting me.non stop that when he comes to visit in June that he wants to take our son for 2 days to go see his family over 3 hours away.

I don't like the idea.

1. The only place my son has ever spent the night away from me is at my moms.

2. He has never spent the night with his Dad.

3. He hasn't seen his dad since Oct and won't see him til the end of June. That's 8 months of no contact.

4. His dad is essentially a stranger to him.

5. He wants to take him over 3 hours away and being preggo and sick if I have to leave in the middle of.the night to go get my son, its going to be extremely taxing on my body as well as my finances and my car.

6. In our custody agreement he gave me all the rights so if something were to happen he doesn't have any legal right to do anything. And our son has food allergies and a heart condition and takes blood thinners.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM
I haven't answered him and now he is blowing up my phone that I so damn evil. Wtf???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Ignore him. Just tell him when he calms down, you two will figure it out.

Quoting happymommy1105:

I haven't answered him and now he is blowing up my phone that I so damn evil. Wtf???

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

GraLauJon
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM

do you have orders? an atty?  if you are not ordered to give your child to his dad like that then dont.  my stbx pulls all that too: i have a black heart, i am the evil one. though he is abusive and needs to be on meds for a chem imbalance that he refuses to take. he bullies and maligns and blackmails me as much as possible to get his way.  just be careful and follow your gut.  i hate that we are the only one who seems to rally for our kids. it can be a fight within the legal system so i hope you are clear on the orders.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Our order states that he has supervised visits. To be supervised by me. But he doesn't want me to.go out there with them.

He isn't a bad person. He just.doesn't care for our son on a daily basis and I don't think its wise to send a sick.child away for days without somebody who is used to caring for him.

Quoting GraLauJon:

do you have orders? an atty?  if you are not ordered to give your child to his dad like that then dont.  my stbx pulls all that too: i have a black heart, i am the evil one. though he is abusive and needs to be on meds for a chem imbalance that he refuses to take. he bullies and maligns and blackmails me as much as possible to get his way.  just be careful and follow your gut.  i hate that we are the only one who seems to rally for our kids. it can be a fight within the legal system so i hope you are clear on the orders.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraLauJon
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Quoting happymommy1105:

Our order states that he has supervised visits. To be supervised by me. But he doesn't want me to.go out there with them.

He isn't a bad person. He just.doesn't care for our son on a daily basis and I don't think its wise to send a sick.child away for days without somebody who is used to caring for him.

Quoting GraLauJon:

Then i would not do it. one thing i have learned is to not go against your gut feeling or ask others to. b/c they know deep down what is possible. what could happen.  and if you go against those orders YOU can be held accountable by the law if something happens while in your ex's care.  I have gone thru this enuf with my situation. my stbx has wanted to take them out of state with a divorce pending. he has gone against many orders we were to follow while the case was still pending.  Plz do not put yourself or your child in an undue danger.  if your ex has supervised visits then it is for a reason.  GL  and HUGS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN