Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Custody is going to get ugly..

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM
  • 2 Replies

So i posted a post the other day of me texting los father "see and you wouldnt even care if i gave her up for adoption" (which i did not mean) and i was testing him because before all of this i use to tell him to take me to court if he wants to take LO with him reason is because we broke up he left without even telling me and i found out we broke up when i called him and asked where he was...he still takes care of her financially... so to get to the point... after i wrote that text he said he wants full custody of he because he thought i was implying i was just testing him....so if he files for full custody.....will he get it? can i file back for full cusody? give me everything im in new york. i love my daughter i take good care of her... also we dont get along so idn how joint custody is going to work out..i need help im 19 hes 20 going on 21 with 2 jobs and a car... please help me

by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
andyroosmama
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM

You can file for custody, here in TX, mom is usually primary managing custodial and dad is the one getting the visits. Normally, he would have to prove you unfit to be a mother to the child in order to gain full custody. Having a car and 2 jobs does not make him a good parent. More than likely the judge will try the joint custody, in which you will have primary and he picks up 1,3,5 weekends and every weds or thurs. Some may even apply one week on one week off, where both each have equal time 7days straight... good luck... but first, file for custody and regulated child support.  

xpectingmama10
by Samantha on May. 6, 2012 at 6:28 PM

in my personally opinion because im going thru a custody agreement...do not contact him or text him anything just to see what he says or test him because it will only make you look bad in court because he can keep your texts to use them against you ties with my DD's dad and 2 years later he calls me and is signing over his rights voluntarily. Get yourself a lawyer in case he does fight for custody. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)