Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Soft cup"? Warning TMI !!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM
  • 16 Replies

So I have recently noticed "soft cup" as a menstrating product alternative. I have always used tampons but I have been fighting a Bacterial Infection issues and I am thinking maybe its due to tampon use? (Yes i have seen the doc,  taken antibiotics, and probiotics,and I follow all the rules of good hygeine) Has anyone used these cups and what are your thoughts on how well they work?

by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TwoOnTheWay
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:11 PM
I have a diva cup and I love it!!! The first couple times you use it it's a little off, but I got used to it quickly, and now I'd never go back to tampons!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grneyedormom
by Kendra on May. 6, 2012 at 9:12 PM

There are some ladies in another group I belong to that wear them and really like them. I would talk to your doc though about wearing it if you are still fighting a bacterial infection and it's not gone at this time. My periods are long gone thanks to a hysterectomy last summer.

MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Okay, is that like a Diva Cup?

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

DDDaysh
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I would think this might make the bacterial infection worse, since you hold a rich blood supply so close and you reuse the same product over an over.  I'd definitely talk to you doctor first.  

I've been thinking of trying one myself, but I'm too scared!  

hollinicole
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Never heard of it either....do tell

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Okay, is that like a Diva Cup?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:35 PM
I did years ago..it got stuck...had to go in to the dr and have it removed. I prefer something with a string I can easily remove.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I was using the diva cup for a while and LOVE LOVE LOVE it but due to other medical issues (not caused by diva cup) i can't use it anymore

rebmarie90
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:34 PM

idk what it is... 

lissetteP
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Right

Quoting rebmarie90:

idk what it is... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:20 AM
I have issues wearing tampons, so I use them like for swimming and at the beach. A little weird at first, but I love them! Oh, and they keep it clean during sex! You can use them then!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)