Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this guy I met...

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:47 AM
  • 8 Replies

purely by accident (meaning I'm not looking and will not be looking for some one for a long time, I HATE dating) just 3 days ago is already turning stalkerish on me.

Firstly, I told him I was not interested in getting into a relationship but we could be friends.  yesterday he told me that he's never been in a long term relationship and he gets uncomfortable when things get serious.  I was like "um ok" and wondering why he's telling me this.  Then he says his relationships end because he's kind of a control freak.

okay, red flag #1 for me.

He called me at 10 last night, knowing I have 3 kids and we all wake up at the ass crack of dawn every morning. I didn't answer.

red flag #2.

Then THIS MORNING he texts me at 7 mother effin AM while I'm outside putting my older two on the bus. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

red flag #3

some people, this might not bother but it does me, I can't stand clingy people.  all my energy is involved in raising my kids I sure as hell dont' have any to spare for some insecure shitbag.

So, if you're an android user, what app would you suggest to use to block phone numbers?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cadeesmommy0120
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I have no idea about apps but you can  call your phone company and they can block I think...

michiganmom5150
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Um, the 7 am thing, why is that crazy to you? Most of my friend's text me early b/c they know I have kids, know I'm up and not yet at work...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissetteP
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Maybe he's not trying to be clingy and just trying to say hi..and if u don't want him calling or texting just tell him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

If you told him you just want to be friends, then why don't you just give him boundaries as to appropriate times to call/text? Or if you don't want him contacting you at all, maybe just say things aren't working out for you even being friends?

SinceresMomma
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM
He doesn't sound clingy to me. Idk maybe I'm missing something. But he probably called you that early thinking you'd be up since he knows you have children. But idk maybe it's just me lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crzctl8de
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Having had  a couple of insane stalkers in my life, I'd say run. Those are some pretty big red flags.  From a law aspect of it (I really hope it never goes there for you) you need to be point blank up front to leave you alone.   I wish I would have listened to those red flags in the past. Trust  your instincts, if you instincts are telling you something is wrong.  Those are definitely more than just "clingy" actions.  Good luck.   

Caleighsmommy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM

control freak? um no

10pm call...ok little late but maybe he didnt think abotu the time...ida pickedd up and told him hey look I have to be up at the ass crack of dawn remember... cant talk now.

7am....i would agree  that he likely was trying to catch you before you went to work since you hadnt answered his call the night before.....jmo tho

good luck

photogal831
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Not sure about an app to block numbers but for future reference there is an app called pinger, and you can make and use a fake number, so if you need to drop a creeper all you have to do is delete the made up number...that way he doesn't have your real phone number, GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)