Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I hate waking up to this....

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM
  • 12 Replies

My ex called bright and frickin' early this morning. He missed the deadline for getting his custody papers filed. Apparently he has been so drunk he forgot he had to file by the 26th. Last I heard from him, he didn't want to go find out how to file because the days he was off of work were the days he "relaxed." So he was too lazy and too much of a drunk to go file. Now he wants to know when he can visit. I guess since he is sober today our DD is important to him now.

Sorry, had to vent a bit.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raegan1221
by Raegan on May. 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, hon:(. I know that hurts. Hopefully he'll grow up soon. 

Caleighsmommy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I just wouldnt answer the phone...

mommynac
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I'm sorry. Sounds like a real db. Personally, I wouldn't let him near dd.

photogal831
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM

wow...kind of sounds like my ex...although he's not a drunk, just ridiculously lazy...drives me crazy! Sorry you're going through that, but honestly I would stop answering your phone when he calls.

MOMmyofAngels08
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I have a similar situation, my soon to be ex-husband has been struggling with a pain pill addiction. When he is sober he wants to be a dad. But when he is on his "high" he hates everyone and treats to sign over all rights.

MaddieLainesMom
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I totally know how that one goes. My DD's dad is very similar. I'd not even answer the phone until he makes an effort to be honest. DD's dad and I no longer communicate, only through third party sources unless it's an emergency. Makes my life a lot less stressful (usually) he's still a kid. Guys just don't grow up in these situations way to often.

KailesMommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry. Sounds like a real ass! Good luck with him lol
MFCsarah
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:45 PM

So, I have now found out he is doing cocaine and heroin. He hasn't tried to commmunicate with DD in about 2 and a half weeks. As stated, I filed for custody but was going to let him have visitation. In the visitation, he has to take a drug test before he can see DD. At this point though, I loathe him and don't want him any where near DD and I am upset he even knows my number or where I live. Does anyone know... Since I filed for custody, and he never responded, does that remove any rights he has? I am just wondering.....

kcook55
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

im sorry hes such an ass

MFCsarah
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM

There was a period when he was into the pills as well. But he wanted to be a dad when he was high. When he came down he would get angry and treat DD bad, one day he pushed her with his foot until she fell down..... AHHHH, I F*^*&^^$ HATE HIM!!!!!! I am pissed he has any rights at all..... GRRRR.

Quoting MOMmyofAngels08:

I have a similar situation, my soon to be ex-husband has been struggling with a pain pill addiction. When he is sober he wants to be a dad. But when he is on his "high" he hates everyone and treats to sign over all rights.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)