Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What do you think?

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:53 PM
  • 3 Replies
I found an awesome house today...3 bedrooms, inlaws/maids quarters, 4 car garage...in my price range, too...BUT it was foreclosed before it was completed and needs some flooring (there is bamboo in most of the house, but the bedrooms need carpet and the 4 baths need tile). The inlaws quarters has no kitchen installed yet...just plumbing. The kicthen has no appliances or countertops...the baths have no countertops. The fireplace is not installed and neither is the propane tank. The yard is not landscaped. The realtor says $50,000 grand to finish...does that seem LOW to you? My contractor is going out there Thursday...but I wonder if I am wasting his time and mine. I can't afford 100,000 in work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on May. 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Sounds like it might be 50,000-$100,000 depending on how much work it really needs and/or the materials you used.

Just have your contractor look at it and see what he thinks. What ever number he gives you add $10,000 to it, just in case something goes wrong.
crzctl8de
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:18 PM

In this economy that sounds about right but keep in mind it all depends on the type of materials you want. If you want expensive stuff it will be more.  It sounds like the real expensive renovations have already been done. Congraduations.  Forecloures are making homes more affordable, but make sure you get and inspection. 

5BMom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Yeah...its an awesoms deal...on 10 acres, too...not my ideal location...its 7 miles farther to town...but beggers can't be choosers, lol...

Quoting crzctl8de:

In this economy that sounds about right but keep in mind it all depends on the type of materials you want. If you want expensive stuff it will be more.  It sounds like the real expensive renovations have already been done. Congraduations.  Forecloures are making homes more affordable, but make sure you get and inspection. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN