Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

how long did your braxton hicks (early contractions) last until you went into labor

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:57 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hey ladies just wanted to know how long did your ealry contractions last before you went into labor, I've been having contractions almost daily here and there for the past week and a half at the moment I'm a few days away from 36 weeks. Is there any other signs you experienced before going into labor if so what?????

by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maryjmom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:09 AM

Have you dropped yet? Or lost your mucus plug? Has your water been leaking ( possible sign, but not always )?

When I went into labor, the nurses told me over the phone to stay at home until the contractions got directly over my cooter, in that general area. When they got there, and felt like they were going all around my back, then I knew it was time.

TinaCrystal
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:39 AM

Quoting maryjmom:

Have you dropped yet? Or lost your mucus plug? Has your water been leaking ( possible sign, but not always )?

When I went into labor, the nurses told me over the phone to stay at home until the contractions got directly over my cooter, in that general area. When they got there, and felt like they were going all around my back, then I knew it was time.

I've dropped baby is in position but haven't lost my mucus plug or had water leak yet...... oh wow that's crazy I started getting pains tonight over my cooter.... how long were your contractions apart when you headed to the hospital

maryjmom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:46 AM

Mine were about 5 to 7 minutes apart when I left. By the time I got to the hospital, they were 2 to 3 minutes apart. I wouldn't recommend letting them get that close. With you being only 36 weeks, I'd say go once they get 7 to 10 minutes apart, no closer than that. Your still 4 weeks early.

Quoting TinaCrystal:

Quoting maryjmom:

I've dropped baby is in position but haven't lost my mucus plug or had water leak yet...... oh wow that's crazy I started getting pains tonight over my cooter.... how long were your contractions apart when you headed to the hospital

workoutmom2b1g
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

With one of my kids, months! I even went to the hospital twice because they got VERY strong! THe other two I only had them on the last month or so.

lissetteP
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM
About two months..I never really lost my mucus plug at once I lost it little by little..and a lot of ppl get diarrea the day before..but I never did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on May. 8, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Braxton hicks are not a good indicator of labor as some ladies have them through a good part of their pregnancy. Talk to your Dr at your next appt and see what they suggest for when u should come in. If its your first child they may have you wait longer or if you have fast labor and deliveries they may want you sooner. How far along are you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muwchck
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I didn't feel any Braxton Hicks with my oldest, but with the baby, I had them bad for the last 2-3 months.  I was in labor (stopped twice, and sent home 3 other times) off and on for the last month.  I was having contractions every 2-4 minutes for 36 hours before my doctor was the on call doctor and admitted me.  The idiot before kept saying that I wasn't progressing so I wasn't in labor, but Hunter was a big baby and he needed some help, once my water was broken I went from 3-10 in less than 3 hours.

Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on May. 8, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Never had Braxton Hicks.

mysty923
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I had painful contractions nightly with my first set of twins

i would time them and wonder if it was the real thing - they got to be regular and as close as 4 minutes apart - but after 2-4 hours would stop

This went on for nearly 3 weeks before I went to the doc and they told me it was OK to go to the hospital because I was dilated to 5

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:28 PM
I had braxton hicks starting at like 24 weeks. They could get pretty strong.

But I was preggo for 38 weeks and 6 days.....

I don't.conisder braxton.hicks an indication. Of.labor. they are a pretty good indication of needing rest and hydration though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)