Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So Now He Want's To Get Married.

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:00 AM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do?

Options:

Focus on taking care of my baby and myself?

Or try harder to make it work?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 27

View Results

Her dad broke up with me when I told him I was pregnant. For the first 3 month's he told me to kill her. when Marie was born he decided he wanted to be a dad. Well that's fine. when she was 3 weeks old we moved in with his parents. He was supposed to move out, but never did. And the whole time I've been there, he's tried to get back together, he even had the nerve to try and just mess around. I told him that I was with someone, and I did not want to be with him. I moved in with my new boyfriend, when I tried to leave He wouldnt let me take marie. so the next day I called the cops. He got his family to lie for him and say I abandonded her, so they said that if I wasn't wanted in the home I needed to leave. for 2 weeks he refused to let me see her, on easter sunday I went to his house and told him, I'm taking her. Again the cops were called i told them what was happening and they told him he couldnt do what he was doing. I got to leave with her. After 3 weeks, while we were visiting at Mc.Donalds he told me he wanted to get married. ????? Really?!! But im not going to lie part of me was like...do it. But I just couldnt all the real love i had had for him was gone, I couldnt bring it back no matter how hard I tried. I really  wish he would've asked me that when I told him I was pregnant.

P.s. IM NOT MARRYING HIM LADYS. I JUST WANTED YALLS OPINIONS TO MAKE SURE THAT I WASNT JUST BEING A b*** WHEN I TOLD HIM F*** OFF. :) THANKS FOR ALL OF YALLS ANSWERS

by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Caleighsmommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM
3 moms liked this

ok this is about as nice as i can say this......are you insane?

no way in hell i would let any man who had pulled half the shit you posted anywhere near me or my baby with out custody papers and a child support check..... you need to get to court asap. protect yourself and your baby! for god sake who knows where he COULD have taken off to when he kept her... as the bio dad without court orders he can take off and file for custody in another state just as easy as you can.....

I really dont think this sounds like a person who is very stable and getting married wouldnt fix that. The best thing you can do is go to court and get shit in place so you can both have a healthy relationship with the baby and also so you can possibly move on with your life

GraceHudson
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM
bump

Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on May. 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Are you serious?

You are considering marrying him after the cops were called and he kept you from your child. Smh.

Good luck.

bamababe1975
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Honey, you are so much better off without this guy. DO NOT MARRY HIM. He wanted you to abort, he took her from you and kept her from you. You CANNOT trust this man. DO NOT get back together with him!

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

mytrueloveS
by Lori on May. 8, 2012 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

That's my ex for you.  He even called the cops on my brother in law.  Don't marry him, he needs a lot of growing up to do.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on May. 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Do not marry him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dabberdoo
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this

You are off your rocker to think its a good idea to marry a man whose family will lie for him to the police and would take your child away from you for 2 weeks.  Seriously, think about that.  If he is so selfish and controlling that he would deprive a baby of her mother simply so he can try and manipulate the mom, he wouldn't be afraid to do just about anything in the future.  Marry him and you are going to have all kinds of issues.

sid1083
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Bad news bears . . .. Sure he can get married. To someone else.

mommynac
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Sounds totally f'd up. Run!

brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)