Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So Now He Want's To Get Married.

Poll

Question: What would you do?

Options:

Focus on taking care of my baby and myself?

Or try harder to make it work?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 27

View Results

Her dad broke up with me when I told him I was pregnant. For the first 3 month's he told me to kill her. when Marie was born he decided he wanted to be a dad. Well that's fine. when she was 3 weeks old we moved in with his parents. He was supposed to move out, but never did. And the whole time I've been there, he's tried to get back together, he even had the nerve to try and just mess around. I told him that I was with someone, and I did not want to be with him. I moved in with my new boyfriend, when I tried to leave He wouldnt let me take marie. so the next day I called the cops. He got his family to lie for him and say I abandonded her, so they said that if I wasn't wanted in the home I needed to leave. for 2 weeks he refused to let me see her, on easter sunday I went to his house and told him, I'm taking her. Again the cops were called i told them what was happening and they told him he couldnt do what he was doing. I got to leave with her. After 3 weeks, while we were visiting at Mc.Donalds he told me he wanted to get married. ????? Really?!! But im not going to lie part of me was like...do it. But I just couldnt all the real love i had had for him was gone, I couldnt bring it back no matter how hard I tried. I really  wish he would've asked me that when I told him I was pregnant.

P.s. IM NOT MARRYING HIM LADYS. I JUST WANTED YALLS OPINIONS TO MAKE SURE THAT I WASNT JUST BEING A b*** WHEN I TOLD HIM F*** OFF. :) THANKS FOR ALL OF YALLS ANSWERS

by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:00 AM
Replies (11-18):
MicahBoo07
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

well he missed his chance so now u don't need to bother with him. U and ur child deserve better!

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on May. 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Same here! If you go back to him knowing the stuff he's pulled before, you're beyond crazy and whatever happens to you should happen. NOT being mean but seriously? Good Luck mama.

I was in a similar situation myself except my ex has never tried to take my son from me. I've had 5 different restraining orders against him and a whole lot of drama between us and I thought about getting back with him but after thinking about it I realized I was being very stupid and putting myself and my son in danger. You need to run and NEVER look back.

Quoting Caleighsmommy:

ok this is about as nice as i can say this......are you insane?

no way in hell i would let any man who had pulled half the shit you posted anywhere near me or my baby with out custody papers and a child support check..... you need to get to court asap. protect yourself and your baby! for god sake who knows where he COULD have taken off to when he kept her... as the bio dad without court orders he can take off and file for custody in another state just as easy as you can.....

I really dont think this sounds like a person who is very stable and getting married wouldnt fix that. The best thing you can do is go to court and get shit in place so you can both have a healthy relationship with the baby and also so you can possibly move on with your life

Robsessed98
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

This.  All I can do is smh.

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

Are you serious?

You are considering marrying him after the cops were called and he kept you from your child. Smh.

Good luck.

AmayasMommy254
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:38 AM

No definatley not, im not getting back with him. i just wanted to get some other moms opinions to make sure i was doing the rite thing. I get told im a B*** alot so i just wanted to make sure that wasnt the care with this situation. But girl heck no im not going back im not crazy. lol

beenie21
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:47 AM

MM run away as far as you can and keep your baby away from his crazy family. I just cant imagine what he would have in the future. Dam if him calling the cops on his baby momma is not enough for you then I dont know what you are waiting for. He is going to put you through hell. If I was you I would look into a protective order for my child and for yourself. He is crazy!!! How could you think he going to be there for you when you needed  him the most. But hope you make the right decisions and protect your lottle one guys come and go but children are here to be loved and taking care of.

AmayasMommy254
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:51 AM

hi guys thanks for responding, IM not goin to marry him. and i never was, i just wanted opinions of other moms to make sure that i was rite tellen him to F off. :) thanks again. and lady's im not crazy  i wouldnt do that to myself or my little girl. I just wanted to make sure i wasnt just being a B***

SaphyreWingz
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:28 AM

Wow. That whole situation is f*cked. I would say the fact that they used you in a sense to try and keep your daughter is bad enough. I don't know the whole situation, but my sister kind of deals with the same thing. Her fiances mother has admitted to being scared she would leave with my niece. She tried to talk my sister into legally making her the guardian and has said many times that she will fight for custody if she tries to leave. They only let her stay there, not because she has no where else to go, or that their son is with her, or even that they care for her in the slightest. All they care about is that baby and controlling them. Your situation kind of reminded me of this. It sounds like that family doesn't care what happens to you. They just want your baby. Including the father. Who maybe is being manipulated by his parents? Or doesn't want to pay child support, but collect money from you instead? Or... who knows?

I certainly do NOT think you were being a b*tch when you told him to f*ck off. In fact, you should be proud of yourself.

I can also relate to how you would even consider marrying him. My ex-partner of the last couple of years just broke up with me on the 1st. I am 7 months pregnant and it was out of no where for me. Even though you say all the "real" love you had for him is gone, I assume some part of you still wants to love him or attempt to be with him again? Honestly, you have seen what happened the first time. If you had married him, he and his family will be even more likely to take your child away from you. Now is definitely the time to take care of your baby and yourself. =)

mariee12
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I feel bad for the baby! The rest of it are all bullshit. There is birth control, no reason to get pregnant when a guy is not ready for it. We women are in control of prevent unwanted pregnancy so why play stupid and get at a guys nerves. He`s kind confused by all of this new event in his life, and you are the one to be blamed for. Sorry, but I have a son and the last thing i want is to have some b..ch getting pregant without consulting him if he is readyb to be a father, it should be a decision made by both adults......Humans are not dolls that we buy at stores its a big responsibilities for a lifetime.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN