Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Out of place...

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM
  • 6 Replies

Just looking at pictures taken of my whole family this weekend (my brothers, their spouses, nieces, nephew and parents) and I feel so out of place.  I was the first one married (and the oldest) and now am a single mother...I am the only one without a spouse.  I feel so left out because of it.  And honestly, feel embarassed about it all the time....I hate these feelings....

by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rebmarie90
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I have moments like that. I am the only one with kids and my younger sister is married and I was never married. They are very short moments that go as fast as they came and they were really present when my sister got married. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Hugs mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on May. 9, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Thanks ladies. I don't feel this way all the time, but do on occasion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Nothing to be embarrassed about... better to be the single one rather than the unhappily married one.

GraLauJon
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:01 AM

me too, hon. i  can totally relate. something happened today (actually, yesterday) and i cant even remember what it was. a couples thing, a family thing. and i am not in one and it is really bringing me down now. i am so tired of feeling left out. left behind. having the stigma of the word "divorce" looming over me. i realize that i cannot even be around commentaries or discussions about that stuff b/c it hurts so much right now. i am starting to get angry. i didnt choose this. and yet my stbx wont finalize things. its like he has me right where he wants me and i am left in limbo. 

jojo827
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:21 AM
I'm the only child (out of 5) who isn't married to my kids father and living happily ever after with the perfect model family... I'm getting divorced fml
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)