Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Celibate ladies? maybe TMI

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you still celibate?

Options:

Yes, only toys

Yes, completely

No, I fell off the wagon but getting back on

No, I would never be celibate

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

Are you still celibate? How long have you been celibate? I wonder if toys count cuz that's not completely celibate right? I don't/can't use toys. Too many people in my house and not enough time anyways. Sleep and work is all I do lately.

I took a vow of celibacy in November of 2010 so I'm almost at the 2 year mark. Don't know how long this will last but so far so good. Seems to me like I'm a magnet for all the wrongs guys. I'm 23 and have dated 2 guys. Ex/bby ddy was an abusive, lying cheater, on/off SO is all sorts of wrong, a guy at my new job is attracted to me but he's married, claiming that his wife is cheating and get this: The ring on his finger is not his wedding ring. He "found" it on the ground so he wears it as a jewelry piece! Didn't think I looked that stupid but I guess I do lol Men are stupid and pathetic liars so that is the reason for my vow of celibacy

What about you? Why are you celibate?

by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:09 AM
Replies (21-25):
JanaeMarie
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't really call it celibate but I am waiting for Mr.Right this time. It's been 2 1/2 yrs for me. I'm trying to get my career together and stand on my own two feet. Before doing anything. BUT i will admit, I do miss it!! Hey, we're all grown here but its better than just giving it up to just anybody!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM

2 years. I'll wait. I don't wanna get emotionally attached.

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

ambertink
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I've been celibate for one year. I attract all kinds of bad too and I don't have the time to waste anymore. I've been celibate since I concieved my son. I don't miss sex at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanaeMarie
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Yeah I feel like almost 3yrs is SUCH a long time but I can't stand my ex either at least in a relationship way. Wish he would make effort for his oldest daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zacknalexmom
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Yes,I am celibate. I'm 36 yrs old and could care less for sex. I havn't been on a date in over a year. I'm not looking nor chasing guys. I've come to the fork in the road-if it's meant to be it will happen,until I'm enjoying life. I put my kids first.  It seems I attract all the wrong guys,all losers,cheaters,liars,druggies,etc.. So sex is no where on my brain. I prefer a good nights sleep over a roll in the hay. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN