Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I'm so glad I'm single

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM
  • 11 Replies

While there are times that I wish I wasn't doing this all by myself, 99% of the time I'm happy that I don't have to get a second opinion on my parenting or personal choices. I'm not even interested in dating right now, because I don't want to put up with all the crap that comes with men. Does that make me weird?

by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

No it's normal to feel this way.  Not every woman is made to be with a man.  But, in time, you will want to have a man back into your life.  And, when that time comes, just enjoy being single.  Enjoy making your own decisions and doing what you couldn't do with the ex.  Having that space from being with a man is what you probably need now anyway. 

lovinlife13
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM
I feel the exact same. No guarentees it doesn't make you weird though, because I'm a pretty weird girl lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MicahBoo07
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I feel like that and I feel by the time I am where I want to be at in life with the things I want then I won't need a man since I will have everything and be settled but if Mr Right ever came along them I might give him a second look. Right now its not about a man but being free to do what I want to do when I want to.

Mia1983
by Mia on May. 10, 2012 at 10:34 AM
No, not weird. Some people just don't like being in a relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
McKennasMommy11
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:52 AM

This definitely does NOT make you weird. I'm a 21 year old single mother. I work, go to school, and provide for my daughter. I have no interest in dating anymore. It's just me and my daughter, and I like it that way

rec104
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel the same way. I'm too busy with work, college and being a parent to try date someone. But I'm happy, I enjoy it the majority of the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afitmom01
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I dont think it makes you weird, just a mom that has been through it.  I too am happy most of the time and do the single mom thing well.  There are other times that I feel as though I am drowning!

mommynac
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Nope. I feel the same way. When I was married I was doing it all by myself anyway. And I know other married moms that might as well be single.

brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM

No.  I think it is becoming the norm these days.

SLOmommy
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM
I like being single too...It's amazing living alone, all your bad habits just vanish! LOL (cuz no one points them out ha!)
The only thing I miss is the cuddly time in bed...but I'm co-sleeping with the baby and the other 2 crawl in sometimes too so it works :)
I don't need a man to be happy. I think every woman should feel 100% complete without a man to have a truly successful relationship. JMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)