Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I need to sell my toenails or something...

Posted by   + Show Post

I have about had it with the ridiculous rental prices around here!!!! It's insane!!! My bf makes pretty good money but the only places we seem to be able to afford are places in the slums or one bedroom places in a good area. An apartment out here isn't even cheaper either. $1300 for a 2 bedroom apartment. It is cheaper to get a friggin townhome!!!

Just had to vent

by on May. 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Replies (21-27):
llion18
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Now I have to go download Welcome to Houston on my iPod now.

What part do you live in? I used to stay off of Rolido (between 610 & the beltway) and my rent was $550. I was by myself then, though so I only needed something small.

Quoting llion18:

I live in a 2/1 apt  with 888 sq ft, at a whooping $1269/month....welcome to Houston..

In the Heights..a single mom with a 2 1/2 yr dd, safety is my concern...All the apts I looked at that were cheaper were in not so nice areas and I would have to walk outside just to get to get to apt. Don't need any extra worry..

Tricia1979
by Patricia on May. 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Dang, I am glad I live in Nebraska. I own a trailer, so I only have lot rent, $350 a month. My sister and her husband have a three bedroom house, 1 1/2 bath, basement but no parking for $650 a month. And we all live in the capital, Lincoln, so we have as just about good as shopping as you can get in Nebraska, and Omaha is only an hour away. I have only ever lived here but I have requirements for places I live. Have to have a hospital within 20 minutes, not one where you have to be transferred for anything other than simple stitches, a 24hr walmart, pharmacy, gas stations, and fast food, in case of weird emergencies, and a market where it doesn't cost a fortune for my son's non-dairy products, preferably organic. Sorry you are having trouble with rent, that is a fortune!

NewMama28
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:05 AM
I can't believe how cheaply ppl live elsewhere. My last place, was brand new. I got a smoking deal of 950 a month for a 1 bed1 bath since I was one of the first tenants. But the actual price was about 1200 a month. I now own a 3 br 2 bath condo. I pay just under 1400 a month for mortgage and home owner dues. I got a great deal too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:06 AM
I pay $400 for a 2 bedroom one bath house. Granted it's only 800 square foot but it's the perfect size for me and my son. We live in central Iowa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmv57kmv
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Woah- you can't get anything for under a grand unless you're in the slums by me (suburb of NYC)
Misha1204
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Geez...I pay $650 for a 4bdr w/2½ bath house.

Wow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM
R there any utilities included?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)