Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I'm scared to eat : /

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM
  • 12 Replies

I've had the flu since Monday night....stayed home all day Tuesday, felt better Wednesday and went to work....felt worse Thursday and stayed home....I feel better today, but I'm scared to eat anything "real" I've been living off of orange juice and toast for the past 4 days lol I need to eat real food at some point, but I'm scared...

tattoobriefcasebaby in sling

A tattooed, working, mom since 12/12/10 :D

by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this

IDK about you but after I've been sick, I eat the first thing that sounds good and almost always keep it down.  Usually when you feel hungry and food starts sounding good you are relatively safe.  Hope you're back 100% before long.

KeriAZ
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Try eatin the BRAT diet. Bananas Rice Applesauce and Toast. I think thats what the A stands for. LOL. Just take it easy for a few days. No milk products. Lots of fluids like water and gatorade. Gatorade will replace the electrolyetes u lose with vomiting. Plenty of rest. Hope u feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Try some soup and crackers.

photogal831
by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Thanks!

Quoting KeriAZ:

Try eatin the BRAT diet. Bananas Rice Applesauce and Toast. I think thats what the A stands for. LOL. Just take it easy for a few days. No milk products. Lots of fluids like water and gatorade. Gatorade will replace the electrolyetes u lose with vomiting. Plenty of rest. Hope u feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by Raegan on May. 11, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Yucky.,..sorry:(. Crackers? I love me some cheese nips..that's what I usually eat when I am feeling icky.

wenona_mandy
by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Agree with this one. BRAT really is effective. 

Quoting KeriAZ:

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on May. 11, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Yes!! If this works good then you can move up to normal foods.

Quoting wenona_mandy:

Agree with this one. BRAT really is effective. 

Quoting KeriAZ:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilgooberpea
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:06 PM

BLAND bland bland bland diet. yes as pp says BRAT but saltines, toast with no butter, boiled skinless chicken and rice. NO spices or any salt ect. if your tummy can handle orange juice which is really acidic then Brat and bland will be just fine, just start slow and small. if you can keep the small amounts down then you can up it at the next meal. hope you feel better soon!

juggling Just a single mom living my life for my wonderful son! toddler boy

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Brat diet like they said. And I don't think you should be drinking OJ with the flu unless you are tolerating it well. I like those gerber banana cookies even though they are for toddlers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I agree with BRAT!!! It worked for me...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)