Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

she kinda hurt my feelings...

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM
  • 6 Replies
Bff said that she wanted to throw me a baby shower from the moment I found out I was preggo.

I was like okay. She actually got in a fight with another girl over it.

So tonight she and I were talking and bf had told me to go do the registery with her cause he didn't care.

Okay fine.

I mentioned something about the baby shower and she goes, 'who is giving you a baby shower?' Uhh you are, you had a fight with somebody about it.

Then she goes, 'aww shit, okay I'm on it'

Okay, why you gotta say it like that?

Am I wrong for my feelings being a little hurt? I mean she offered. She had a fight with another girl about it. She brought up the idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Robsessed98
by on May. 12, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Is she usually forgetful or spacy?  If not, my feelings would be hurt but if forgetting is in character for her, I would blow it off.

mytrueloveS
by on May. 12, 2012 at 2:51 AM

I wouldn't let it get to me.  Is she the type of person who doesn't express her feelings? 

mommynac
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:02 AM

What happened that she was fighting with another girl about it. Maybe there was some confusion over that. I would just tell her you feel hurt and asked her what happened.

Zacknalexmom
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Yes,I would be very mad. It sounds like she maynot give you a baby shower. So I wouldn't bother her with it.

Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on May. 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM
She probably just forgot, especially if she has been busy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dinc
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I've learned that people often say things they don't really mean.  If I had a dollar for every broken promise in my life, I would be wealthy.  A lot of people don't think when they open their mouths.  They just don't.  Having had this happen to me so often has taught me to really watch what I say and try very hard to say what I mean and mean what I say. 

Cut your friend some slack.  It may have slipped her mind.  She may have spoken without thinking it through.  Appreciate her effort if she gives you a shower but don't stress if she doesn't. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN