Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Always tired and no motivation..

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM
  • 14 Replies
Is how I feel ALL the time. I work 36 hours a week. Take care of my dd but thats about it. I have no motivation to do anything else. If I sit or lay on the couch for more than 20 mins I want to go to sleep. I have felt this way for a long time. I do t know how to get out of it. I don't know what it is. It sucks I feel this way all the time. I would like to get out and do things just can't muster up the energy to do it. I live at home make just over min wage and don't see things getting better with the economy the way it is :/ I'm hoping my medicaid comes through so I can get checked out. Have any of you ladies felt this way? How did you fix it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angel7207
by on May. 12, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Try to just keep moving if you sit there and don't nothing it's only going to get worse.

rec104
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Could be thyroid. If it's low, I felt the same way, got a simple bloodtest done. Since I've been on thyroid meds I have felt so much better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM

It is called depression.  It might be good to talk to a therapist or see a dr about how your feeling these days.

Mia1983
by Mia on May. 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM
I was gonna suggest this...

Quoting brieri:

It is called depression.  It might be good to talk to a therapist or see a dr about how your feeling these days.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on May. 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Agree.

Quoting Mia1983:

I was gonna suggest this...

Quoting brieri:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Refurbished
by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Thyroid issues cause fatigue and lethargy.  Talk to your doctor about getting it checked.

Peytons_Mama09
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Even if I don't "feel" depressed? Never dealt with it personally. And I dont feel sad or anything like that...

Quoting brieri:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peytons_Mama09
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Everything i read on thyroid causes either weight gain or loss. I have neither. Ive been the same weight for years. With the exception of my pregnancy :)

Quoting Refurbished:

Thyroid issues cause fatigue and lethargy.  Talk to your doctor about getting it checked.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Twinglemomi
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I have felt that way for probably the last thirteen years, I really just thought it came with the territory of being a mom. It has gotten somewhat better the past few years...it's not depression because I am always in a good mood. It's physical omg I'm just so freaking tired. If I am horizontal after 7p.m. I am going to sleep. So my doctor has been hounding me to have a sleep study done and I went this past week. It takes a couple of weeks for them to get the results to your doctor, but I apparently have pretty ferocious sleep apnea and that is why I am so physically tired all the time. Sucks, the CPAP machine they make you use is horrible!!! But I used it for about four hours while I was there and I could definitely tell the difference.

That was my issue, hope yours is something simple!~

MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM
It could be anemia.

I am anemic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)