Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is Dating As a Single Mom Difficult For You?

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM
  • 13 Replies

Is dating as a single mom hard for you? For me it is. Due to the fact I'm on my on,have no help,can't afford a babysitter. I have many problems with guys that do not like to for my kids to go out on dates with us. So pretty much when I mention my kids have to go on a date with us you never hear from them again.  So that explains why I havn't been on a date in over a year.

by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollinicole
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM
It is for me but its cause lof finding a guy that don't get freaked out by me having a 5 year old. Most of them once thinking about it say they are not ready for a reationship with a child in it. And am glad they notice that but I have got a lot of great friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoboysjc
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Its hard for me too due to no family and cant really afford a babysitter. My boys are 10 & 5
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Its ok not to go on dates.  Even better when you think about your kids and priorities.

Zacknalexmom
by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Exactly what I think too. I love being with my kids and put my kids first. My kids are ages 11 and 8. I like making a good example for them.

Quoting brieri:

Its ok not to go on dates.  Even better when you think about your kids and priorities.

kitty068
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes dating is difficult, men have it easy because even when they have kids they are usually just every other weekend dads. They do not have to worry about babysitters. We on the other hand have our kids the majority of the time, and to be honest I do not want just any man around them, I am picky about that.  My dating is very minimal, plus one of my boys has autism which makes it that more difficult. It gets lonely at times, but what can you do?

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
i'll get back to u when i go on a date. havent been on one since i was w my ex. bb (before baby).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It's difficult, but I really don't care for it. 

MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Not for me. I usually am upfront and like "Well if kids aren't your thing", usually the answer is "No no, not an ideal thing for me, but I'm sure I can handle it".

Only 2 guys I've dated had a problem with me having a child. The guy I'm dating is probably not going to last, not because of my child, but because he is a horny motherfucker and I can't deal with that, lol.

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

Charlotte1608
by Lottie on May. 12, 2012 at 11:39 PM
No problem for me BUT i dont want to date. I have a great life with my kids and they will ALWAYS come first. My kids happiness is number 1.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesister2
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Same here!

Quoting Jenn8604:

i'll get back to u when i go on a date. havent been on one since i was w my ex. bb (before baby).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN