Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

For the moms who were teenagers when they had their sons **JBiebs - not for haters**

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

I just heard about this on my twitter and FB feed and it honestly made me tear up, lol.

For those of you who don't know, Justin's mom was 18 when she had him, and raised him as a single mother, living in public housing in Ontario before he was signed. They got most of their food from women's shelters for single parents and she was working two jobs at a time before they moved to the states.

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MissTuree
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought they lived with her parents? Anyways though I watched the movie (I admit it, I love the kid) and thought how amazing it was that she was a single teen mom that raised an amazingly talented and successful young man. Seeing that gives me hope that I can have that same kind of story, I want people to look at my son when he becomes a man and not think that he was "disadvantaged" by being born to a single teen mom.

MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think they lived with her parents until later because he still has a room at his papa's.

That was the thing that got me when I took my goddaughter to his movie last year. We all went to see it in 3D and me and my cousin were tearing up lmfao. My poor goddaughter was just laughing at us. :(

And I want the same - I want to be able to raise a humble and respectful son. I don't want people to patronize or bully him because he has no dad. He does, but just not conveniently available for him.

Quoting MissTuree:

I thought they lived with her parents? Anyways though I watched the movie (I admit it, I love the kid) and thought how amazing it was that she was a single teen mom that raised an amazingly talented and successful young man. Seeing that gives me hope that I can have that same kind of story, I want people to look at my son when he becomes a man and not think that he was "disadvantaged" by being born to a single teen mom.

Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on May. 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM
She had low paying jobs and was living in low income housing but still had help from her parents Bruce and Diane.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:27 PM

That's the story I remember too.

She basically lived within and below her means.

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

She had low paying jobs and was living in low income housing but still had help from her parents Bruce and Diane.

LovinLiv
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't say I like this kid's music but I think he's a very good kid. He does so much charity work and just seems like a good guy. He let's his fame get to him a little bit but who doesn't? I have a lot of respect for him. His mom must be proud
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally agree with you. He can be a bit of an arrogant douche sometimes but that's probably due to his age. You see a lot of older celebs too acting the same way, but somehow, he seems to turn the fuck ups into something much more productive.

Quoting LovinLiv:

I can't say I like this kid's music but I think he's a very good kid. He does so much charity work and just seems like a good guy. He let's his fame get to him a little bit but who doesn't? I have a lot of respect for him. His mom must be proud

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN