Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Mother's Day Text Pissed Me Off

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM
  • 33 Replies

So this morning I got a bunch of Happy Mother's day texts from friends and family members, so sweet that they wanted to say hi today. I also sent a bunch out to friends and family members, I love most holidays, not matter how small, so just wanted to let them know I was thinking of them. My boyfriend, who I have only been dating a couple months and is out of state with his sister today called and told me he got me a gift he would give me when he got home. He hasn't even formally met my son, did when we used to be friends and work together but never hung out, and he got me a present. I got a few little things from my son that he made in kindergarten, so cute and made my heart melt. And I exchanged gifts with my mom and sister. It was shaping up to be a very mellow wonderful day.

Then I had brunch with my family, my son, mom, sis, BIL, & nephew. While eating both my mom and my sist get Happy Mother's Day texts from my son's father. I waited a few minutes, nothing, no text, no phone call, nothing. I am so F-ing pissed! I have made sure that his son has made him a gift, a card and spent the day with him very single Father's Day. And I don't even get a three word text? I have never gotten a card, a present, or anything else from him on Mother's Day other than a phone call or text, I don't care about that. But you can't even add one more person to a text you are sending to two other people already, two people I am related to. Don't even acknowledge that I am the mother of your child, the first of three granted, but come on. He already posted the pics of the huge bouquet of roses he bought for baby-momma #3 and he can't even shoot me a text. What an ASS!!!!!

Vent over, sorry.

by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

What a fucking douche. I think he KNEW you would find out, and you sure did.

He is such an asshole. So sorry that happened!

I would text him and be like "Thanks for wishing my mom, sister and *I* Happy Mothers Day! I appreciate it!"

Play the role of an ass back. ;)

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

ms-superwoman
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Eh don't worry about it. He probably did it to be an asshole.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

This.

He's an ass.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Tricia1979
by Patricia on May. 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I so should, thanks for the idea!

And I was even nice and texted both subsequent baby-mommas this morning. But that is the kind of person I am, kill them with kindness lol. 

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

I would text him and be like "Thanks for wishing my mom, sister and *I* Happy Mothers Day! I appreciate it!"

Tricia1979
by Patricia on May. 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed. He is an ass and I won't let him ruin my wonderful Mother's Day. 

Quoting ms-superwoman:

MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I would do it. It's not like your kid needs to know, lol.

It's just something between you and your ex.

Quoting Tricia1979:

I so should, thanks for the idea!

And I was even nice and texted both subsequent baby-mommas this morning. But that is the kind of person I am, kill them with kindness lol. 

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Kissybratzmom
by Steph on May. 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Why would you want your ex to text you and tell you HMD? That would ruin it for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JZB
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM
6 moms liked this

sophiesister2
by Member on May. 13, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Foreall! My ex texted me and it was like can you not? But in my eyes he cant do anything right now so idk...

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

Why would you want your ex to text you and tell you HMD? That would ruin it for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tricia1979
by Patricia on May. 13, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Because despite everything, we are actually really good friends and do good parenting together. But I can understand where you are coming from, I have a few friends that would rather their kid(s) dad die than contact them, ever.

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)