Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Mother's Day Text Pissed Me Off

Posted by   + Show Post

So this morning I got a bunch of Happy Mother's day texts from friends and family members, so sweet that they wanted to say hi today. I also sent a bunch out to friends and family members, I love most holidays, not matter how small, so just wanted to let them know I was thinking of them. My boyfriend, who I have only been dating a couple months and is out of state with his sister today called and told me he got me a gift he would give me when he got home. He hasn't even formally met my son, did when we used to be friends and work together but never hung out, and he got me a present. I got a few little things from my son that he made in kindergarten, so cute and made my heart melt. And I exchanged gifts with my mom and sister. It was shaping up to be a very mellow wonderful day.

Then I had brunch with my family, my son, mom, sis, BIL, & nephew. While eating both my mom and my sist get Happy Mother's Day texts from my son's father. I waited a few minutes, nothing, no text, no phone call, nothing. I am so F-ing pissed! I have made sure that his son has made him a gift, a card and spent the day with him very single Father's Day. And I don't even get a three word text? I have never gotten a card, a present, or anything else from him on Mother's Day other than a phone call or text, I don't care about that. But you can't even add one more person to a text you are sending to two other people already, two people I am related to. Don't even acknowledge that I am the mother of your child, the first of three granted, but come on. He already posted the pics of the huge bouquet of roses he bought for baby-momma #3 and he can't even shoot me a text. What an ASS!!!!!

Vent over, sorry.

by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Replies (21-30):
Tricia1979
by Patricia on May. 13, 2012 at 6:20 PM

It is so hard when you still love him, took me way too long to get over that. Sorry you didn't get acknowledged either, it sucks. Happy Mother's Day.

Quoting beeca1201:

My exHUSBAND/ sons father hasn't wished me a happy mothers day either. its heartbreaking to know he doesnt want a family with me. i still love him. i'm sorry you have an ass for a babys dad too

Tricia1979
by Patricia on May. 13, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Yup, not even touching that one lol.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Ugh.

eye rolling

Quoting bleumonster:

Well if he wasn't one you would probably be still married to him so I don't know why you are so surprised.

MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

There must have been a recent flood. The trolls can't go back under the bridge.

Quoting Tricia1979:

Yup, not even touching that one lol.

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

raven1114
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Is he normally like this? If not is it possible he either one though he'd clicked on your name to send it too and accidently didn't, or that he sent you one separately and it didn't go through for some reason? I mean it's not unheard of for a text message to not go through or to even come through later. I've sent messages before that didn't get to the person until hours sometimes a day later. I guess i don't see a reason to jump on the 'he's trying to piss you off' wagon unless he's been known to behave this way before.

beeca1201
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:19 PM

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU TOO!

Scarlette12
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM

My ex texted me Happy Mother's day... To be honest I didn't care if he did or not lol...

Proud Single Mother of One <3

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

sasismommy
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM

wow, i am a BM #3 and I dont know what to say about that comment.  Obviously you two have had many a falling out and he feels some kind of way about that.  I would put those feelings aside, enjoy your mothers day and later talk to him about it. 

Tricia1979
by Patricia on May. 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Totally agree, it may not have went through or it may just have slipped his mind, it just hurt my feelings for a minute. We get along great so I don't think he was trying to hurt me, just that it did for a sec. I went on to have a wonderful rest of the day. So really, no harm no fowl.

Quoting raven1114:

Is he normally like this? If not is it possible he either one though he'd clicked on your name to send it too and accidently didn't, or that he sent you one separately and it didn't go through for some reason? I mean it's not unheard of for a text message to not go through or to even come through later. I've sent messages before that didn't get to the person until hours sometimes a day later. I guess i don't see a reason to jump on the 'he's trying to piss you off' wagon unless he's been known to behave this way before.

Tricia1979
by Patricia on May. 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I wasn't trying to deny her the roses, they were beautiful and she deserves them totally! That is the thing though, we haven't had any falling outs in years, we can annoy each other but who doesn't sometimes. Anyway, it was a beautiful day and I hope yours was as well.

Quoting sasismommy:

wow, i am a BM #3 and I dont know what to say about that comment.  Obviously you two have had many a falling out and he feels some kind of way about that.  I would put those feelings aside, enjoy your mothers day and later talk to him about it. 

Tricia1979
by Patricia on May. 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Yup, been there too lol

Quoting Scarlette12:

My ex texted me Happy Mother's day... To be honest I didn't care if he did or not lol...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)