Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Mother's Day Text Pissed Me Off

Posted by   + Show Post

So this morning I got a bunch of Happy Mother's day texts from friends and family members, so sweet that they wanted to say hi today. I also sent a bunch out to friends and family members, I love most holidays, not matter how small, so just wanted to let them know I was thinking of them. My boyfriend, who I have only been dating a couple months and is out of state with his sister today called and told me he got me a gift he would give me when he got home. He hasn't even formally met my son, did when we used to be friends and work together but never hung out, and he got me a present. I got a few little things from my son that he made in kindergarten, so cute and made my heart melt. And I exchanged gifts with my mom and sister. It was shaping up to be a very mellow wonderful day.

Then I had brunch with my family, my son, mom, sis, BIL, & nephew. While eating both my mom and my sist get Happy Mother's Day texts from my son's father. I waited a few minutes, nothing, no text, no phone call, nothing. I am so F-ing pissed! I have made sure that his son has made him a gift, a card and spent the day with him very single Father's Day. And I don't even get a three word text? I have never gotten a card, a present, or anything else from him on Mother's Day other than a phone call or text, I don't care about that. But you can't even add one more person to a text you are sending to two other people already, two people I am related to. Don't even acknowledge that I am the mother of your child, the first of three granted, but come on. He already posted the pics of the huge bouquet of roses he bought for baby-momma #3 and he can't even shoot me a text. What an ASS!!!!!

Vent over, sorry.

by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Replies (31-33):
Tish_Hughes
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Well, even though me and my my ex don't always get along I'm glad he said something today. Granted I've been a mother for the last 4 mothers day and this is his first time saying something, it still made me happy. I guess just being acknowledged is what I was happy about. And I will be wishing him a happy fathers day next month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tricia1979
by Patricia on May. 14, 2012 at 9:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Good for you, it is always nice to wish them a happy father's day too. The acknowledgement is what it is all about. Hey, you gave me a baby, I gave you one, thanks for that. Hope your mother's day was filled with love.

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Well, even though me and my my ex don't always get along I'm glad he said something today. Granted I've been a mother for the last 4 mothers day and this is his first time saying something, it still made me happy. I guess just being acknowledged is what I was happy about. And I will be wishing him a happy fathers day next month.

Armygirl2299703
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:20 PM

What a douche bag. My DD's dad didn't even bother to send me a text either so I hear ya. My bf (x as of yesterday afternoon suddenly & for no reason) grouped me in with his f'ing whore xwife when he made a Happy Mother's Day status update on his fb...and then put her first on the list, then his mom, then me.Now I understand being listed after his mom, no problem...but when you say I'm your best friend, your everything, I make your life worth living now (he was in a major funk before we met & always depressed) etc etc you do NOT list your xwife first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)