Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Feeling Helpless

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:08 PM
  • 7 Replies

My ex took our 2 year old son to see the avengers over the weekend.  The movie is rated PG-13 and I know that is not the end of the world.  Got him back last night and he woke up three times crying talking about Hulk in his closet.  Tried to write my ex a very PC email about keeping his movies to age appropriate stuff ... like G or maybe some PG.  HE IS ONLY 2

His response was that his nightmares must have been caused by ME taking our son to the zoo!  He wanted to advise ME to keep him to age appropriate activities. 

JERK

I did my best to be sweet and not attack him and of course he is a jerk.  I just feel helpless.  I try to do the right thing and get spit on for it.  Am I crazy for even bringing it up to him?  Any advice?

by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Robsessed98
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM

That was an inappropriate thing for him to do.  I would have mentioned it to him, although it wouldn't have done any good.  Men don't think about things like that.  I would just prepare myself to comfort the lo for the next time it happens.

sarah.g
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Thanks.  Helps to know that I am not crazy.  Helps a lot

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Wow in he's 2!!!! No way should he have gone to that movie. Maybe he should try taking him to the zoo something educational
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
photogal831
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Not okay at all! I would have been pissed! Maybe if the kid was like 10-11 but seriously he's 2! Ugh some men just don't think...sorry, hope your little guy gets some sound sleep tonight!

sid1083
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:37 PM

No, you're not crazy at all. At least you brought it up to him, but he may be the type that no matter what you say (or how you say it - be it nicely or with a nasty attitude), he'll keep doing whatever he wants. All you can do is try to bring up your concerns and hope he clues in.

Maybe ask him though the last time he saw the zoo animals turn into super heros? Because wherever that is, I want to go.

brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:13 PM

IDK.  2 year olds have an imagination.

Lyn4horses
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I hear you. You're not crazy. I wish there was a pill people could take so they couldn't blame their exes while trying to raise kids. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)