Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

question of the day tuesday

Posted by   + Show Post
Flour or corn tortillas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Replies (61-69):
StephMarie_Mom
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
BOOM! Lmao

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

That's not what I said.

"Racism" and "racial discrimination" are often used to describe discrimination on an ethnic or cultural basis, independent of whether these differences are described as racial. According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction between the terms racial discrimination and ethnicity discrimination.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines racism as the “belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races” and the expression of such prejudice, while the Merriam-Webster's Dictionary defines it as a belief that race is the primary determinant of human
traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority or inferiority of a particular racial group, and alternatively that it is also the prejudice based on such a belief. The Macquarie Dictionary defines racism as: "the belief that human races have distinctive characteristics which determine their respective cultures, usually involving the idea that one’s own race is superior and has the right to rule or dominate others."

There are tons of different definitions of race, racist, racism, etc.

So I was not wrong.

FYI, some Spanish don't like to be called Hispanic. They rather be called Latino. And the word racism wasn't Introduced into the English language until the 1930's

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting lissetteP:

Really.. you know wat she's tryna say..no need for the smart ass remarks

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting BellaBear:

I hope you're joking but if not yes Mexican is a race just like black white Asians. You know the people that walk around speaking Spanish?? Some are Mexican Spanish, hispanic Dominican Puerto Rican lol the list goes on lol

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

Smh.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting Chanel5nyc:

Neither. I don't eat Mexican food. Not racist. Just not my preference.

Mexican is a race?

Seriously? No Mexican is a nationality and hispanic is an ethnicity. NEITHER are races.

I am absolutely amazed.  Mexican a race? Seriously?

Um yes, she is trying to say Mexican is a race. I was pointing out she is WRONG.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenOfTheDiva
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM

corn

ms-superwoman
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Depends for tacos or the like Flour all the way. Making tortilla chips corn.

PaperClip811
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Corn. Im racist against white tortillas.

IBNeaters
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Love me some flour tortillas every once in a while, but unfortunately, it's corn for me!  I can't eat the flour tortillas without my body reacting!!!  No gluten for me!

StephMarie_Mom
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:23 AM
That sucks! If there's a whole foods near you, they have vegan gluten free flour tortillas

Quoting IBNeaters:

Love me some flour tortillas every once in a while, but unfortunately, it's corn for me!  I can't eat the flour tortillas without my body reacting!!!  No gluten for me!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IBNeaters
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 6:48 PM

GF flour tortillas are probably the worst invention of mankind ever!!  They are truly disgusting--I think I'll stick with corn.  I actually do like corn tortillas, but every once in a while, I would just love to eat a burrito!  Thanks

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

That sucks! If there's a whole foods near you, they have vegan gluten free flour tortillas

Quoting IBNeaters:

StephMarie_Mom
by on May. 18, 2012 at 3:24 AM
Oh wow! Ive never tried them and now i doubt that i ever will! I like corn tortillas, too. Sucks about the burrito thing, if i had another suggestion or option id share it with you :/

Quoting IBNeaters:

GF flour tortillas are probably the worst invention of mankind ever!!  They are truly disgusting--I think I'll stick with corn.  I actually do like corn tortillas, but every once in a while, I would just love to eat a burrito!  Thanks

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

Quoting IBNeaters:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IBNeaters
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe I'll be inspired and create a wonderful new recipe to market!!!  Here's hoping!

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

Oh wow! Ive never tried them and now i doubt that i ever will! I like corn tortillas, too. Sucks about the burrito thing, if i had another suggestion or option id share it with you :/

Quoting IBNeaters:

Quoting StephMarie_Mom:

Quoting IBNeaters:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)