Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I hope this walls come down one day.

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:22 PM
  • 21 Replies

I tried to date met some that were great especially one but its like walls been built on my heart and can't let no guy in. Everytime I am with someone I fear am scared of being hurt again, my last relationship really did it for me. I can't trust instead am happier to be myself and do what I want to do. I never felt lke this before. I hope I can date again and have a relationship one day without feeling like this. For now all I want is to raise my kids be stable finish school enjoy my life. Dating is out of the questions because even just going out with someone, all they want is to jump in a relationship which I don't want.

by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:43 PM

It's ok to stay single.  Best you think of your children first.

Blessed_Mommy87
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting brieri:

It's ok to stay single.  Best you think of your children first.

Thats what I taught am young. My kids need me since am the only parent in their life. I want to spend time with my kids take them places.

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM
That's a good thing. Trust your gut and stay single until you get through what you need to get through. It's too much to date when you're starting over and have a lot on your plate. It will happen when the time is right. You and the kids come first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blessed_Mommy87
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Quoting MeeshMom:

That's a good thing. Trust your gut and stay single until you get through what you need to get through. It's too much to date when you're starting over and have a lot on your plate. It will happen when the time is right. You and the kids come first.

Exactly when I went on a date I could not wait to be home alone with my kids. I want my own space all to myself lol well except kids but still. I'm in a place that I love a new start and going to enjoy it.

DixieL
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:01 PM

One day those walls will come down and you will be ready to date again. Mister right will even come along when you least expect it. Don't let him slip through your fingers. Try to let the wall come down. Most of us have been hurt at one time or another. We just have to keep living. Good Luck to you

kmommy8709
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Quoting DixieL:

One day those walls will come down and you will be ready to date again. Mister right will even come along when you least expect it. Don't let him slip through your fingers. Try to let the wall come down. Most of us have been hurt at one time or another. We just have to keep living. Good Luck to you

Each man is his own person and when the mr. Right comes along he is going to show you that. Just remember as crazy as it sounds all men are not the same, so respect and trust them intil they show you differently. Never ignore warning signs. Anywho you do have two beautiful children who love you very much be the mom and woman you wanna be and then mr right will show up on your doorstep lol jk but something like that
Blessed_Mommy87
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Quoting kmommy8709:

Quoting DixieL:

Each man is his own person and when the mr. Right comes along he is going to show you that. Just remember as crazy as it sounds all men are not the same, so respect and trust them intil they show you differently. Never ignore warning signs. Anywho you do have two beautiful children who love you very much be the mom and woman you wanna be and then mr right will show up on your doorstep lol jk but something like that

Lol I learned and watch for those signs but seen it too much that am losing hope tha  mr right is out there. But time will tell maybe when I do meet the right one I will be able to love and trust again.

kmommy8709
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Then maybe its time to improve yourself. Try doing one nice thing a day for your yourself fill up your bucket. With good thoughts and positive feed back. Are you a christian by any chance?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Take time for you. The right person will come when you aren't looking
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SLOmommy
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Take time for yourself and work on you. That way when Mr. Right comes along, you'll be ready.
That's what I'm doing. I'm also telling all potential people I might date that I can't offer anything more than friendship right now. I was surprised that a couple were perfectly fine just being friends.
Last but not least, when you start dating someone and are unsure if you can trust them, follow the advice my mom always told me:
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN