Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

busy schedule help!

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM
  • 4 Replies
I don't post much if at all in this group, so a little back story. I'm 23, have 2 boys, ages 2 and 3, work full time as an unofficial assistant manager (I do the work but they won't pay me extra for it, long story) and I'm about to restart college. Also, my exboyfriend (not kids dad) has came back into the picture. I just moved into my new place 2 months ago, and its the first time I've been on my own since I had my boys.

I was wonderin if there is any tips on how to manage your schedule and still sleep at some point? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Make a schedule that works for you and keep it consistent.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Use a calendar and block out a little time for yourself each day.  Be consistant with your work schedule and your kids' schedules.

steviechick
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I would manage your schedule like this - since you work full-time and are going to college part-time (not sure if it's evenings) schedule the free time you do have with your kids.  Give them baths, take them to the park, read to them.  Do anything and as much as you can with them while you aren't working or going to school.  Make time for your kids.  I know it's hard having two and being a single mom but perhaps the bf can help out?  Clean-up, cook, and any other extra things that can help you spend quality time with your boys.  About sleeping?  That would come after your kids are sound asleep.  LOL!

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Write out a schedule and stick to it. You may not always sleep well and things happen. Suck it up! I work full time and am doing full time college online for my bachelor's degree and live on my own. Plus I have a chronic medical condition so I have weekly doctor appointments and other appointments. I'm all over the place. I just do it somehow because I have to. I always keep my calendar on my phone updated so I don't miss things and the alarms pop up to remind me when to send off a bill or what appointment is coming up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN