Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Can you help create a better routine for my toddler?

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 6:49 AM
  • 5 Replies

I just started a new job. I work in the office at a daycare, so my son attends that daycare each day. I am trying to work out a morning routine that is similar enough to his routine at dad's that he gets what he needs each day.

I am trying to figure out how to get him up and ready in a timly fashion in the morning and how to be sure we get bath time and mommy and me time and dinner time all in before bed. I like him to be in bed by 8p and he gets up about 7 or 7:30 am. I have to leave the house each morning by 7:50a to get to daycare on time.

7 toddler awake (new clothes, potty time)

7.10 mini breakfast (he really eats at daycare)

7.45 head to car ??????

by on May. 17, 2012 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Congrats on your new job!

If you don't already, plan for each morning the night before... set out both yours & your son's clothes, get everything ready for taking care of bathroom needs, breakfast, etc. 

QueenB36
by on May. 17, 2012 at 4:56 PM

with my DD who is 3 she wakes up at 730- goes potty, puts her preschool clothes on and we get in the car, She also eats at preschool so i find that skipping mealtime at our house in the morning elimniates the "i want this or that or the other" for breakfast battle & saves loads of time. I pick her up at 6 or 630 we go home she plays while i cook dinner we eat & if she is not throwing fits we play outside untill bath time @ 8 after bath its bedtime. works great for us.

Good Luck and Congratulations on the new job!

kmommy8709
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Wow queen your schedule sounds exactly like mine how funny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmommy8709
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Are schedules are dar near identicle

Quoting QueenB36:

with my DD who is 3 she wakes up at 730- goes potty, puts her preschool clothes on and we get in the car, She also eats at preschool so i find that skipping mealtime at our house in the morning elimniates the "i want this or that or the other" for breakfast battle & saves loads of time. I pick her up at 6 or 630 we go home she plays while i cook dinner we eat & if she is not throwing fits we play outside untill bath time @ 8 after bath its bedtime. works great for us.

Good Luck and Congratulations on the new job!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by on May. 17, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)