Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

To Date ... or Not to Date?

Posted by on May. 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok, so me and my son's father have not been together for 4months ... and have not lived in the same place for a year now ... My son is only 6 months, but I met a guy who is 5 years older than me with a 23month old daughter ... This guy wants to be very serious very quickly and make a family for his daughter. I don't blame him ... he has a really good job, his own house, several vehicles, he is completely stable (unlike myself because I'm a struggling single mom) ... he is willing and able to completely support me and really likes me ... do I settle down with him? or do I keep strolling around single and working at myself? PLEASE HELP ME!!! :(

*Single Mommy of 1 amazingly adorable baby boy*
   11-4-11 changed my life 
           Liam Rylan

by on May. 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

molly_ann
by on May. 19, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Red flag to me would be him wanting to make a family do quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 19, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! Don't settle and jump in to anything too quickly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ta2dirishlass
by on May. 19, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Yep. You need some time to make your own way.

Quoting molly_ann:

Red flag to me would be him wanting to make a family do quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
animebuddy
by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Work on yourself before getting into a new relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:53 PM
I'd say date him. Go SLOWLY! you need to get to know him before you jump into anything. Work on yourself, but I think if you take it slowly, you can do both. Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MollyJmommy
by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:55 PM
My dd is 10 months old and I'm still not ready. You should take some time to figure out what you really want
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on May. 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Welcome to the group.  Why rush things?  You need time to get your bearings and find out what you really want for you and your lo.  Don't jump into the relationship just because he's in a hurry.  If he really cares that much about you, he will be willing to take it slow.

rlemon
by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Thanks everyone. Although I've only been out of the relationship with my son's father few 4 months, our relationship was done for well over a year ago. I think at this point, I need to wait on a relationship ... I know I'm more than able to be comfortable in a relationship, but you are right when you say he seems to be rushing things and I need to get myself together for me and my little one. Thanks!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)