Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Stressed/Depressed

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 11:36 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hey Moms! Im Taylor. Im 19 and I have a beautiful 10 month old daughter! Lately, I have been so stressed and depressed because of money. I work part time at Best buy but only get about 15 hours a week and I only get paid $7.75 an hour. I recently put my 2 weeks in there because I got a job at Radioshack part time but I will be getting close to 30 hours a week. I will only make min wage there which is $7.25 but I also will get commission from everything that I sell which will be nice. I also started working from home earlier this month with a wonderful company called ItWorks but only get paid monthly from that. I am also looking into another work from home job that pays weekly $200-$1,000.So we will see how that goes....

I am just so stressed. I live with my mom which is free but it is hell here!We have 6 people here and 2 babies! I want to move out and get my own place but I dont see that happening! I don't have many bills to pay but I can barely pay the ones I have. I am just so stressed! I have a car payment due in a week thats $235, I have to buy my school book asap because my classes start back up in a week or so thats another $150 and I have a ticket to pay thats $85 and I only have $60 in my bank account! Thankfully my daughter is taken care of because she ALWAYS comes first but, I just dont know what im going to do. I cant sleep & I cry all the time now!

I just want someone to talk to and some advice. I have had depression since I was little. I was om anti-depressents for a long time then I had a miscarriage before I had my daughter and was on them after that. Then, I got pregnant with my daughter and stopped taking them because I didnt want to risk anything happening to her because of that medicine. Im not sure if I should get back on them or if I am just at a bump in the road....I just want someone to talk to. I dont have very many friends anymore because I am so busy and I lost alot of them when I became pregnant in high school. Thankfully, I found this site!

by on May. 22, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

You might want to talk to a psych about your depression, he/she is one will be able prescribe your meds. Maybe a talk therapist.  Your welcome here to talk. Chime in and get to know some of the others here.  Nice group of moms.

Robsessed98
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Welcome to the group.  It's tough being a single parent trying to make ends meet, but you can do it.  I agree with pp that maybe you need to talk to a professional about the depression.

katatrinakay
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:03 PM
The medication probably wouldnt hurt.. Be glad that you have family to help you through this, and use today as strength for tomorrow. I own a home, but its hell here! Keeping the utilities turned on...paying for daycare....a mortgage....food in the fridge... Its hell! And ive got a pretty good job.
i struggle with depression too.... I recently got back on medication, but still, life gets totally overwhelming.. Its overwhelming right now, as i type this..
try to see the good within your situation.. Appreciate what you do have and try not to sweat the small stuff...its not a whole lot easier on the other side... As i always tell myself, its time to pull up your big girl panties and kick some ass..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 23, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Welcome to the group!  Good luck at your new job and with classes.  Take each day as it comes and don't forget to breath!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN