Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So my pop radio station Hot 103 announced this morning that Justin Bieber is coming to Winnipeg in October.

Eh, right?

Not really. I promised my goddaughter/baby cousin that I would get her tickets if he came back 'cause when I tried to get her tickets, they were all sold out in half an hour. The MTS center was PACKED with little girls and moms trying to get the best seats.

Well, tickets go on sale on June 1st and I'm not sure if I have a standing chance to get 3. I am gonna take her and her best friend who is also our cousin, Berry. I am kicking my own ass 'cause even if she doesn't remember my commitment to her, I NEED to get these tickets!!! :/

I'm debating on purchasing the membership just so I can get a stinkin' presale code. There's one for $25 and another for $100.

If I committ to this, I'm gonna have to line up at the venue at 7 am to get a decent spot in line for the sale at 10...

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Replies (11-19):
cadeesmommy0120
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:36 PM

You're a better cousin than me!  I like him but not enough to fight for tickets!

steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Well, good luck to you!  I saw Bieber last summer in concert.  Free tickets received from a good friend of mine.  I took my DD, too, and actually had a great time.  Bieber rocks!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 23, 2012 at 2:51 PM

good luck

MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Awehhhh Ty lol Shea also my goddaughter but we hav a special bond. I basically helped my cousin raise her when my auntie was on drugs so I did a lot of caring for her. She's my cousin, my goddaughter and almost my own daughter. I don't have a lot of money so I don't understand what's so hard to put money aside for her, but I guess I wouldn't understand having an addiction either. I guess I overcompensate for the failure of others. She's not just a cousin to me though, so that's why I will go out of my way for her as I would for my DS :)

Quoting cadeesmommy0120:

You're a better cousin than me!  I like him but not enough to fight for tickets!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Lol all my friends saw my twitter an they were texting me you sure this isn't some repressed fan girl desire of yours? ;) lol I get the joke! No Bieber is a good egg. I hope he's as charitable with his tickets this time around. I'm hoping I can get my goddaughter meet and greets through the radio station as well. I know her mom can't cause she can't afford it or has a vehicle but like I said, I'd do anything for her as if she were my own. I remember meeting The Moffatts and NSync when I was her age. I think every little girl should have their "fan girl" moment in their lives and I'm very much into the meet and greet culture so I'm willing to give her that experience as well. I've met a lot of celebrities growing up. Some stories are unbelievable to people tho lol.

Quoting steviechick:

Well, good luck to you!  I saw Bieber last summer in concert.  Free tickets received from a good friend of mine.  I took my DD, too, and actually had a great time.  Bieber rocks!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 23, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Thank you. :) I remember wishing dad would take me and my estie to meet BSB and he didn't :(

I remember when Hanson played in Toronto and I convinced my dad to go and when the concert came I was struck with chicken pox so he had to call his friend in Windsor and fed ex them for his daughters. I was devastated but there is nothing that makes me ungrateful. I saw how far dad was willing to go for me so I inherited that "nice" gene lol.

Quoting Robsessed98:

You're a good cousin.  I wouldn't go see him no matter how bad someone else wanted to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Have fun if you go.

MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Ill try lmao.

I'm kinda freaking out because our venue said AMEX presale is on tomorrow at 7 am but Justin tweeted today its 10 am. SO....idk. I called Amex and the rep tol me that Front of the Line doesn't even open in Montreal until 8 am...so a 7 am sale is impossible lmfao. I'm going with Justin on this one. I just paid $235 on my card last week, and it's gonna be racked back up to $300+. Tickets for the floor seats and 100 level are all $106.26+tax. -___-

Quoting brieri:

Have fun if you go.

MamasaurusPrime
by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Gross, lol. I looked into the VIP Meet and Greet package and it is only sold in pairs as one package - one package of 2 tickets on the first 5 rows, a meet and greet with Justin, a photo, and autographed Believe cd, plus posters and a bag or a tote, and a laminated lanyard and some other crap I am not going to need, lmao.

The damage? $451.50+ taxes + 1 more = $1011.36.

That's for four people. I dunno why, but I just feel that if I do this for her, then I can be relieved of Christmas and will make up for not getting anything for her birthday.

Call me crazy and insane, I know I am, but I'm never going to do this for her again. The only reason I'm doing it is it will be her first concert. I think she's gonna freak out lol, and I want to record her reaction and put it on youtube. You should see some of these reactions, it's soooo funny!!! LOL

Wish me luck! The public sale for the packages are also June 1 (Friday) and I think it's my only chance at getting her decent seats 'cause come 10 am Friday, Ticketmaster will probably lag and die off for a few minutes. I tried to get her tickets last time, but I was SOL cause by the time I got to the venue they sold out...in 30 minutes. I should have just bought them online. I still kick my ass over it 'cause I should've just done that. I dunno why I thought going to the venue would get me tickets. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)