Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok i admit it im ready to move on...any good dating sites???

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2007 at 1:24 AM
  • 14 Replies
i had a post in here earlier...and it was about my ex and me and wantin to be with him and stuff...i realize he is not good for my daughter and me at all...i love him with all my heart but i NEED to find someone better to realize there is better! so i want to move on...anyone know any good dating sites? i just made one on okcupid.com but there are only 7 ppl areound my area...so im trying to find some more sites if anyone knows of any please let me know!

by on Dec. 2, 2007 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jodi3
by on Dec. 2, 2007 at 2:15 AM
go to plentyoffish.com.....i have had some really good luck there!
friendlymom5
by Member on Dec. 2, 2007 at 2:20 AM
I liked eharmony.com, havent been on there for about a year, but I think its safer and the screening tests make all the difference.
frostinglover
by on Dec. 2, 2007 at 11:36 AM
eharmony seemed the safest to me as well. if you're truely serious about finding someone, i would go there. they are more expensive than match.com and the others, but to me it's a way of filtering out the trash
immadismom
by on Dec. 2, 2007 at 1:10 PM

Quoting jodi3:

I've been using this one too.  I like it because you can IM on there, without giving out your personal IM info, and kind of see if there's any connection before you go any further.  And, it's free.  I did the free trials on Match.com & eharmony.com, but refused to pay soooo much for dating, and I honestly cannot afford to spend that much.  I've been on two dates with one guy I met on plentyoffish, and he's really really great.  Good luck!

xxm0mm130f0n3xx
by on Dec. 2, 2007 at 1:43 PM

Quoting jodi3:

I love how POF is completely free! It's a really nice site, and I love it. Altho, I'm not actively looking for anyone, i've been impressed!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

MargaritaD
by on Dec. 2, 2007 at 1:46 PM
I dont know how you feel about dating another single parent...but try singleparentmeet.com. I liked it and met my current bf there. There are tons of people on there and they are all pretty much single dads. But not only that I liked the quality of men on there than any other sites.
gemmy612
by on Dec. 2, 2007 at 2:44 PM

Honestly I have found dating sites to be a "meat market" just as much as the bar scene.  I have had the same boyfriend for 2 1/2 years (he has worked with my dad for 13 years--I was single and my dad just happened to mention me to him, and we've been together ever since!) but before that, I had tried just about all of the online dating services out there.  I made a couple of friends through that, but almost all of the guys that I met were out for one thing and it wasn't a relationship!!!!!  Even guys from Christiansingles.com.  It was very disheartening!!!!  I think the best way to meet a guy is through friends and family--if the "matchmaker" knows you both very well, he or she can usually tell if you will hit it off.  Good luck, I know it's hard to re-enter the dating scene!  I hope I never have to do that again, lol. 

Brenda-n-Kaleb
by on Dec. 2, 2007 at 10:28 PM
you could also try justsayhi.com that is free and hotornot.com is mostly free good luck
dragonflie
by on Dec. 3, 2007 at 7:23 AM
I would recommend eharmony.  Not only is it very private but it matches you on the things that mean the most to you not like a meat market like some of the other ones are.  I met my BF on eharmony.  We are so compatible, some interest, goals, dreams, I could go on for days.  He is my best friend and soulmate, never thought he was out there for me.

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly,

Kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably,

And never regret anything that made you smile

evieinco
by on Dec. 3, 2007 at 2:24 PM
I had some luck at singleparentmeet.com, met some nice guys but nothing came of it.  Believe it or not i met my BF of a year on Craigslist...lol! I really had to weed through a bunch of crap but i was very specific with what I "wanted".

~E
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)