Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

In need of advice

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 5:16 AM
  • 16 Replies
Ok here goes..

I'm 24 living at home without a job for the moment(still job hunting) , two months ago I was foolish and had sex. (Only the second time I had sex) Come to realize I am pregnant. Knowing that there is a really good chance I will be kicked out I called the father and he pretended to be someone else in text, telling me he moved and sold his phone(even though I texted him five days before) . Another problem is that my family is planning to move across the country in a month or two. Unfortunately I don't know the father's last name, however I do know where he works. Yet another problem is I worry I won't make it full term besides my weight I only made it 26 weeks.
by on May. 25, 2012 at 5:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:39 AM
get his last name and when the baby comes go after.him for child support. you need to tellhim so he has a chance to do the right thing. your family might surprise you and be supportive. either way you have to tell them. do you want to move or stay where you are?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HyperMom38
by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I would go to his work and get his last name from a co-worker or his boss.  Do you have an address for him?  If not you need to find that out too.  The more information you have on him the easier it will be to apply for child support.  He may deny that the child is his but a judge can order a paternity test and force him to provide DNA.  You should check with your local DSS support unit to see if/how moving across the country will affect how you apply for child support- just to be on the safe side before you make any decisions about going with your family.

good luck I wish you the best of luck.

CafeMom Tickers
Maddy203
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:55 AM
I did tell him, that's when he acted like he was someone else.

Quoting Robsessed98:

get his last name and when the baby comes go after.him for child support. you need to tellhim so he has a chance to do the right thing. your family might surprise you and be supportive. either way you have to tell them. do you want to move or stay where you are?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddy203
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM
The only problem is he works at a hospital, so getting his last name could be hard.

Quoting HyperMom38:

I would go to his work and get his last name from a co-worker or his boss.  Do you have an address for him?  If not you need to find that out too.  The more information you have on him the easier it will be to apply for child support.  He may deny that the child is his but a judge can order a paternity test and force him to provide DNA.  You should check with your local DSS support unit to see if/how moving across the country will affect how you apply for child support- just to be on the safe side before you make any decisions about going with your family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kherise
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

take a Big girl pill and go  to his job to look for him. tell your parents and get yourself on some assistance look into housing and insurance etc!  you can do it

HyperMom38
by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Don't defeat yourself with negative self talk- it might be hard but you need to try!  At least if you try and you don't get the name you will know you did what you could.  Just remember that you are stronger than you ever imagined possible because you are a MOM!!!!

Quoting Maddy203:

The only problem is he works at a hospital, so getting his last name could be hard.

Quoting HyperMom38:

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 25, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Try if you don't you will beat yourself up for it.  If it doesn't work it doesn't but KEEP TRYING!

Maddy203
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Thanks Ladies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marstelja
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I *think* after the baby is born you can ask the court for assistance finding the father. Not sure how it all works but you might call the courthouse and findout. Make sure you keep his cell #, employer info and any other info you have about him.

brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)