Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

since many of us.....

Posted by on May. 27, 2012 at 1:44 PM
  • 4 Replies
Have been pregnant alone. And then been able to go on and have children with other men who were worth a damn.....do you find yourself very connected to the man who stuck around?

With my son, I was alone. He left the moment he found out I was pregnant. So. I have never felt much of a connection to him concerning our son. Like I want him to be around for my son but I could give a rip if he has anything to do with me. Honestly, I prefer he doesn't.

With this baby, bf is so attentive, so involved, so caring....that I find myself getting teary eyed at the thought of getting to see him hold our baby for the first time (pregnancy hormones). Like I lived bf before but now its completely different kind of love I guess. I dunno, its different in my mind.

Have yall experienced something similar or am I off my rocker?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 27, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mylilgooberpea
by on May. 27, 2012 at 2:12 PM

No, ive only had one and the father was very unattached. he was my husband at the time, now ex. he couldnt even cry when DS was born. He wouldnt touch my belly and told me it was Gross. I probably will never have that. it will probably be years before I find someone. By then I dont think ill want to go back and start all over with another baby. But who knows?

brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Sorry, never been in that situation.

rec104
by on May. 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM
No. Never been in that situation. I haven't dated since DS dad left us. Just focusing on my son and school now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kissybratzmom
by Steph on May. 27, 2012 at 5:03 PM
I know it's going to be emotional when I have her. It's his first and he's excited. His whole family is excited and calls me daily to check on me. Heck, his mom took me for a pedicure the other day and his sister brought me breakfast, helped me clean, and get some stuff done on Friday and even took my kids for the night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)