Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Should I feel ??

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:40 PM
  • 11 Replies
I have an 8 month old who I love but it can be really hard. My baby daddy has a 2 year old from a past relationship and he has been there for him and even now. I can't get no help from him with our little girl. Should I be upset and feel hurt even more by the situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmoRaRa
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:02 PM
2 moms liked this

You're not wrong in the way that you feel. I'd be a bit upset by it too, I mean, he's showing favoritism. Maybe there's a reason why he won't step up for your child. You two should talk and see what's going on with it. Because that isn't fair to your child.

crzctl8de
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Some boys are going to act like that.  Realize you have no control over someone elses actions.  

robalyn09
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I am in the same situation. My Daughters father (boyfriend) has a 5 year old he adores and would do anything for. He pays child support and does lots of stuff with her. But didn't want my daughter (even asked me to get an abortion) and won't help financially and will only help if I ask. So regardless of what anyone says you'll always be hurt, but keep your head up. The best advice I can give you is to make your life about you and your precious baby girl and let karma do the rest! I know it's not the end all answer but I also agree with the person above me, there is definetly a reason. Maybe you should ask him. But if it's anything like my boyfriend it might not be so easy to communicate! Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on May. 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Understandable that you are upset.  But honestly put on your happy face and do all that you can to make the best life for you and your daughter.

Faith0916
by on May. 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Thanks for the reply and I will sit down and ask why want he do for my daughter. His son is good but I wish my daughter got the same treatment her brother does
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
It is normal to be upset but you can't force anyone it will just push him farther away. Its OK to be upset but think before you say or do anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I agree. ((HUGS))

Quoting LifeCafe42:

It is normal to be upset but you can't force anyone it will just push him farther away. Its OK to be upset but think before you say or do anything

Mia1983
by Mia on May. 31, 2012 at 1:08 PM
This.

Welcome to the group!

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Understandable that you are upset.  But honestly put on your happy face and do all that you can to make the best life for you and your daughter.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilac8605
by on May. 31, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter's father has two other children, one 4 and one 2, and he has never been around for my daughter who is 6. Just the past year he has started to try and spend time with her, and asked for visitations for the summer. We had it all set up and then he just went and bailed on her last week because it would "take him away from his kids". Isn't she his child too? I want to strangle him for putting her through the heartache, but at the end of the day, because i'm her rock and am always there, she goes to bed a happy, healthy kid. All that matters is you honey :)

cadeesmommy0120
by on May. 31, 2012 at 3:56 PM

You're not wrong to feel that way...:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN