Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Should we really be worried......

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:12 AM
  • 9 Replies

about our kids dad's not being in there life? I could care less, my kids have everything they want. I am already ready for christmas( I buy and store through out the year). My concern is when baby daddy is old and needs someone to take care of him, who is he going to be able to turn to? My girls will be living their life and if they are anything like me will do as much as they want to do, or nothing at all.

by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2012 at 5:18 AM
I'm not worried about it. My fiancé is more the father figure to my dd. If there comes a time she wants to search for her bio donor then by all means I'll help her til then not gonna worry about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shantee225
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:24 AM

Yeah, my thing is the men don't think they will be old one day and need someone to help them.

Malysa79
by on May. 30, 2012 at 6:30 AM
It's a sad thing but I've accepted it. I think it bothers me me than it bothers my daughter. She goes to see her paternal grandmother every Sunday, which I am very grateful for, sometimes her father is there but most of the time he's not. His mom and sister tell me she doesn't even ask about him anymore. I love both his mom and sister. They both are very supportive of me. I still hope that he will get his act together. I feel bad for him because he's missing out on so much and doesn't even know it. However we can't control what others do can we?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on May. 30, 2012 at 8:19 AM
I wish he wasn't in my kids life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I wouldn't worry about it.  It's his decision to be there or not so he can worry about how he's going to handle things when he's old, not you.

crzctl8de
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:37 AM

This may be mean, but why should I worry about the mistakes he has made.  He made his bed eventually he will have to reap the consequences. 

My father (term used loosely) whom I've allowed back in my life, is now reaping the 'rewards' of his actions.  he may be in close proximity now, but my dd wants nothing to do with him, and if I wasn't such a soft heart, I wouldn't be dealing with any of his crap.  I assist with dealing with the VA and stuff, but other than that, he is nothing but a drain on my time, and I don't allow a lot of that.

My half-sister has sworn me to secrecy about where she is at or that we have even found each other.  

He made his choices now he is reaping his "rewards"

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 30, 2012 at 11:44 PM
I don't worry about his specific dad being in his life I just want him to have a good male role model which his father wouldn't be
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meagie
by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:55 AM
I'm not worried so much but I am disappointed... He has chosen to not be a part of my daughter's life. I'm disappointed that she's missing out on knowing 3 half siblings and her second set of grandparents. I feel sad for him because he's missing out on knowing one awesome little girl! His loss!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Like any other any other parent.  Yep I miss my kids mucho I am a bm, but not I can do about it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN