Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

our divorce won't be final for a couple of more days but i would like financial help...

Posted by on May. 31, 2012 at 9:39 AM
  • 11 Replies

Our divorce papers were signed May 8th and it takes 30 days.  After that 30 days, the payments for child support are supposed to start coming on the 15th of the month.  I have only recieved $25 since March 31st and a pack of diapers maybe every other week.  I pay $420 in childcare and a registration fee is coming up this friday.  I haven't paid it and honestly don't have the money to pay it but she told me that I had until next Friday to pay it but that would mean forking out more money and I already pay almost half of what I make to daycare...I for sure did when I only worked 32 hours a week.  Anyway, I need help and i've sent my ex a message stating that i need help with paying the registration fee.  Was that wrong of me to do that?

by on May. 31, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on May. 31, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
No it's not. He SHOULD be helping financially until the CO kicks in. Of course even though he should doesn't mean he will but it never hurts to ask! Hope he come through for HIS child :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 31, 2012 at 9:44 AM
No it's not wrong it's his kid he shouldn't not help just because he pays cs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I would have your atty make sure that your ex helps pay for any financial needs for his own child.  He's the father of this child.   He has as much responsibility in raising and caring for this child as you do.   Asking him and making him are two different things.  As far as future financial needs you might want to consider working with your atty about that, too.  Any future financial needs will fall on your lap unless you specifically state in writing that your stbx has to help out not only with cs but any other financial needs to help raise his child.  If you don't do this, you will be left to pay for more financial needs for your child. 

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on May. 31, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Nope not wrong at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
animebuddy
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 10:43 AM
No its def not wrong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Renee47
by on May. 31, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I dont think that is wrong some of my friends have agreements that the fathers have to pay half of childcare.

jonnlilithsmom
by on May. 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM

absolutely not!!

he's just as responsible financially for the child as you are

brieri
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.  FInd other organizations who can help you financially. Leave the men behind.

BonneVie
by on May. 31, 2012 at 9:55 PM
My divorce will be final June 15th. My ex has been following the terms already. He pays bi-weekly support. If I choose to work, he has to pay 75% of childcare, but my support get reduced depending on how much I make.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jurnee14
by on May. 31, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Im surpised that he want ordered to pay support immediatley during the divorce prceedings. I know my divorce took about a yr, and the first thing the judge did was order a temprarry visitation ans child support order, which was finalized and tweaked a bit when the divorce was finIalized. I dont think you were wrong to ask for the help, but Im puzzled as to why the judge didnt take daycare costs into account.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN