Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Does anyone hate being a single mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

Read this article about a woman being truthful and admitting that being a single mom is hard.

http://www.circleofmoms.com/mommies-doin-it-alone/i-hate-being-a-single-mom-650098

by on May. 31, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Replies (51-54):
jessi2girls
by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

there are times having a partner to help raise my girls, help out financially, or time wise, etc. would be nice...

then I need only come on cafemom and see the 20 posts a day that show up on the homepage, about women who are married or with a partner, and how they suck (the partner).. and I'm reminded of my ex, and glad I don't have to deal with that drama bullshit! lol.

So right now.. it's MY choice to remain a single mom.. my kids come first and I'm not in the mood to deal with the added stress of dating. When they are a bit older.. perhaps I'll reconsider.. for now... I'd be happier single :)

raynejane
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Quoting shortiesmom24:

Wow when i read your post i just had to reply we have been in the same situation in ways... I did not choose to be a single mother either.. Me and my babies dad chose to have this child she was planned and he cheated on me at 4 months and i found out so he left me for her... And even though he lives in the same state he might as well live in a different state he has nothing to do with us at all and has not helped me financially! And i know when she gets here he will still be the same so i won't have that weekend break either.... I really have no support either and  no one to lean on... Just made me realize im not the only mother out their in this situation:)

Quoting raynejane: 

yes, yes, yes! this is not what I chose, I chose to be with a man and we planned both of our kids. I did not choose for him to cheat on me and be a single mother. Not to mention he no longer lives in the same state. So I dont even get that weekend dad break. My mother is deceased and my father is not in the picture, I have NO support system. Its all me. And yes it sucks at time's. I need a break.....

It does totally suck. So sorry you are in the same boat. You are a mom and you will do what you need to, it just comes naturally. It's amazing how strong we can be when we have to. Ya know I hurt my self about a year ago and the dr would ask does this injury keep you from doing stuff like cooking and cleaning etc. I looked at her and thought are you kidding me? I work through the pain, I have no choice...I am a mom and this is what mom's do...good luck lil mama!

shortiesmom24
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Thanks and yes ya never know how trong you CAN be when ya need too! And I wish you the best of luck as well!:) Hugs!

Quoting raynejane:

Quoting shortiesmom24:

Wow when i read your post i just had to reply we have been in the same situation in ways... I did not choose to be a single mother either.. Me and my babies dad chose to have this child she was planned and he cheated on me at 4 months and i found out so he left me for her... And even though he lives in the same state he might as well live in a different state he has nothing to do with us at all and has not helped me financially! And i know when she gets here he will still be the same so i won't have that weekend break either.... I really have no support either and  no one to lean on... Just made me realize im not the only mother out their in this situation:)

Quoting raynejane: 

yes, yes, yes! this is not what I chose, I chose to be with a man and we planned both of our kids. I did not choose for him to cheat on me and be a single mother. Not to mention he no longer lives in the same state. So I dont even get that weekend dad break. My mother is deceased and my father is not in the picture, I have NO support system. Its all me. And yes it sucks at time's. I need a break.....

It does totally suck. So sorry you are in the same boat. You are a mom and you will do what you need to, it just comes naturally. It's amazing how strong we can be when we have to. Ya know I hurt my self about a year ago and the dr would ask does this injury keep you from doing stuff like cooking and cleaning etc. I looked at her and thought are you kidding me? I work through the pain, I have no choice...I am a mom and this is what mom's do...good luck lil mama!

jezikah1
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:46 AM
I am up at 441am can't sleep and thinking of my sons dad....I really want to e strong and move forward. He pays child support but that is the extent of it...he turns fatherhood on and off like a light swith and I am so fed up with it. I am uncertain what too do? He has a live in now and she was around years ago when him and I were together..I text mess her to tell her that it wasn't fair that he is in and out of our sons life...he got upset but I feel my actions are justified! When ur alone with no support and the only person that is able to help u and should but won't, I feel like I gotta do what I gotta do to provide for my child....
I am thinking I should just leave him alone fully! Even when he decides that he wants to be a daddy again I think I need to take a stance..I don't think its fair that a single mom has to put up with or tolorat tw bullshit from a deadbeat that wants to hurt me by not coming around....he was adopted so he has no family n my son has no grandparents only my mom and she's in another state...:( anyone in or near Atlanta ga?

Quoting shortiesmom24:

Quoting raynejane: 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)