Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Do You Get?

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:29 PM
  • 10 Replies
So my daughter is 19m and child support was finally ordered! Since her father isn't working he was only ordered to pay $110 per month. Which I guess is fine.. it'll buy diapers and wipes, and an outfit for hera a month. But that's about it. (Which would be nice but I highly doubt ill be seeing any of it..!)

My friend says that seems awfully low, even if he isn't working. For other moms who's babys fathers aren't working, what were you ordered?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:33 PM

zero

HIJKLM
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:35 PM
I don't get anything from the ex but I have a friend who's ex was ordered to pay $60 per child per month X3 kids. The ex is unemployed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:49 PM

When my ex husband lost his job while we were married, he got half his unemployment check taken for child support to his first ex, it was about the same amount you are getting.  But when he went back to work, he had to pay back all the extra that was owed over those months PLUS the normal amount.  

sid1083
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I know most states cap the amount of unemployment received per week; that being said, if he's only bringing in say $225/week pre-tax (est. $8.75/hr @ 40 hr/wk . . . unemployment = 1.25% of annual wage), unfortunately it's a fair amount given the circumstance.

NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM
He gives me between $300 and $450 a month for 2 kids....depending on his mood. That might pay half of daycare...so its not a lot. Especially because I pay a lot for our health insurance. but...I don't need it so I don't fight about it.
He has income...but its under the table. If I went through the state...I would get $268.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katatrinakay
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:32 PM
My ex had a job at the time and was ordered to pay 86 per week for three kids... Which is ridic cuz it barely covers half of my daycare expense.......... Jerk...... Now hes making double the pay and is working twice as many hours.... wearing his nikes and nautica jeans....and im struggling to keep the utilities turned on. Double jerk....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:35 PM

the lowest they can do in Ohio- without being incarcerated- is $50... but since he IS locked up, he pays about $2.44/month. without him being locked up, he didnt pay anything- even though it was court ordered. the C/O stated $300/month- the monthly, plus back support- but at that time, he was getting about $15/hr plus working over time, at the time.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:37 PM
My ordered cs amount is $2200 a month but he has a good job. He only pays $150 a month though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeni1124
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I haven't gotten an order yet. We go on the 6th.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:07 PM
My children father, is excluded from paying, because he on disability.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)