Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Son prefers fathers gf

Posted by   + Show Post
i love my son more than anything but he is breaking my heart! He prefers my ex husband's gf and doesn't like to stay with me. I get it, he is still young and probably doesn't really mean it but it still hurts. What should I do?
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Replies (21-25):
PaperClip811
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I feel this way sometimes (DS is 4) He asks to go to her house (doesnt ask for his Dad, just her) gets sad that he has to leave, etc... But I've learned to *mostly* accept it as a good thing. He loves her because she is great with/for him-- he doesnt get much from his Father, so Im really glad he has her. Still stings though--- and it's been over 2 years since he started going over there. Not sure it'll ever stop-- but it gets easier :o)

cmc638
by Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I'm sure it has a lot to do with her not having to do things that you as a mom have to (ex. Saying no/ discipline etc) but you're his mom you will always be his mom and someday he'll understand that you and his dad are the ones that will ALWAYS be there. Its ok to be sad but its better than him hating her believe it or not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

This...

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Hugs mama how old is he? They probably do a lot of stuff and you are the stable disciplinarian

DomsMom8207
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM
That is because she probably is more fun and doesnt scold him or punish him n he gets what he wants. As mothers we have to set boundries and rules and we scold them n punish them so of coarse he wants to be around her more. Its not ur fault ur doing ur job as a mother not as a friend. Just kp reminding him how much u live him and leave it aline bcuz once she starts setting rules or isnt so nice he will want his mommy. Relax. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greenemommy
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Wow thank you ladies again it's nice to see such nice words!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)