Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Nosy Ex...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM
  • 21 Replies

Okay, my boys are gone until Sunday... BD texts me and says they want to stay until the end of summer. Well, everytime he comes to pick them up, he is always asking if I am dating anyone or if I am with someone etc... now that I am, I don't feel like I owe him an explanation, seeing how he is involved with someone else... He even has asked my Andrew if I was with other men when they are home with me! WTF? Why does he feel the need to do this? Quite frankly its not his business! GAH!

by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sucker4myloves
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM

*rolls eyes* Gotta love it when it's okay for THEM to move on, but they stoop to questioning small children about who/what you're doing. Careful though, my ex had a baby mama that questioned their daughter as to whether or not she saw us "hugging or kissing" in an attempt to use it in court to regain custody (she lost custody due to drug abuse and leaving the girl in a paint factory when she was an infant). I'm sure he would not be able to succesfully use that info, or even that it's what he's doing, just keep a weather ear out.

andyroosmama
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:37 AM

No, he is always saying he "wants to make things right"... I am not interested. The new BF is cool knowing I have kids, as he has his DD... BF is always asking how my boys are, and wanting to plan things for all the kids to do together... his DD is the same age as my Andrew... He was also informed by our mutual friend of "the requirements" and he has the same set of standards... we laughed about it... but seriously, I just want to get along enough to coparent with BD and nothing else... and Sunday's plan is to pick these kids up and go to Sunday dinner and intro the kids to each other and for me to meet his DD and for him to meet my kids. Nothing serious now, but we agreed to no secrets. KWIM?

zebralove
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:08 AM

the need of "Control" its also the fact that you have kids wiith him than make him feel like hes entitled to knowing your business and part of it might be jealousy as well. I had that problem, the min I was talking or thought to be talking to anyone bd would switch up the turn tables and try to come back or regulate like he owned me or some shiiieet

Livinwith3boys
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:10 AM

It is his business if there is another man in their life, it is NOT his business if you are dating while you don't have the kids!

mhaney03
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM

my ex is nosey as shit, always was.  every time we split up he's off being a jackass with goodness knows what kinda hoes, yet he had a fit if he heard i was talking to some one.  he had the baby one night so I went on a date and he somehow found out about it so the entire night he was texting and calling me whining about how tired he was and for me to go get the baby. talk about pissed me off.

if he sees me on the phone (we see each other twice a week at least, at kids' practice) he's gotta ask who i'm talking to.  i laid out some boundaries for him recently and he didn't like it.  Oh well.

Thing is, I don't CARE who he talks to, i don't CARE how he gets his dick wet.  I only care as far as how what he does affects our kids.  that's the extent of it.  why the fuck does he care?

zebralove
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:13 AM

its only his business to an extent!

and HE SHOULD NOT BE INVOLVING THE CHILD! its an acutal syndrom where one or both of the parents put the innocent child in the middle and question or talk badly about the other parent. Its like come on now! youre an adult and asking your children to innocenlty do your dirty work, what a shame. (PAS Syndrom)

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

It is his business if there is another man in their life, it is NOT his business if you are dating while you don't have the kids!

andyroosmama
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Ummmm no! Its not my business who he dates, moves on with... whatever. We have kids together and the only thing he needs to worry about is the kids. He just now started to get involved with them... I have always done right by my kids... I have been happily single and on my own for the last 7yrs and quite frankly I have moved forward with my kids and just now started to see someone. If he thinks I need ot inform him of every move I make, it goes both ways and especially when he was with someone that didn't treat MY kids well while they were in HIS care.

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

Livinwith3boys
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Umm, that is what I said....it is his business as far as people being in the KIDS life...but not his business in your personal life....wtf???

Quoting andyroosmama:

Ummmm no! Its not my business who he dates, moves on with... whatever. We have kids together and the only thing he needs to worry about is the kids. He just now started to get involved with them... I have always done right by my kids... I have been happily single and on my own for the last 7yrs and quite frankly I have moved forward with my kids and just now started to see someone. If he thinks I need ot inform him of every move I make, it goes both ways and especially when he was with someone that didn't treat MY kids well while they were in HIS care.

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Control issues.

SnapIt
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
He probably wants to know if you are moving on. It may be harmless and he doesnt mean anything by it.
Its natural if you have been together for a bit and have kids to sometimes ask that question, especially if they were the ones who wanted the break up or divorce.
It may be his way of saying ok she is fine.
Or
He may also want to know if you have someone to lean on when he breaks the news he is going to marry the person he is with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)