Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Okay, my boys are gone until Sunday... BD texts me and says they want to stay until the end of summer. Well, everytime he comes to pick them up, he is always asking if I am dating anyone or if I am with someone etc... now that I am, I don't feel like I owe him an explanation, seeing how he is involved with someone else... He even has asked my Andrew if I was with other men when they are home with me! WTF? Why does he feel the need to do this? Quite frankly its not his business! GAH!

by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Replies (11-20):
EmoRaRa
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM

It isn't his business at all, and he should not be asking your children about that kind of thing. Perhaps he is trying to find out if you have like a parade of men in your house (I'm sure you don't). I know people who have done that and the other party uses it against them to obtain custody. But really it's none of his business unless he feels that y'all's child is in danger for some reason.

andyroosmama
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I think its a control issue... 7.5yrs together off and on and 2 kids... He decided to move on and I knew it wasn't going to work... I have moved on just not with another man. Just started seeing someone and its cool being friends first... He, on the other hand, has had a multitude of women and trying to see where  I am at in my life... smh...

Tricia1979
by Patricia on Jun. 9, 2012 at 5:34 PM

It is NOT his business, unless the kids are in danger (and I in no way think you would do anything like that). Just ignore him and tell the kids it is not his business so not to share details of your life. That is what I had to do with my son, he told my ex about the my boyfriend that I just started dating. They haven't even met yet and it is the first guy I have really dated since DS was born, and now my ex is giving me and son the Nth degree. I told the ex that I didn't have my BF in son's life, unlike him and his string of women, and I would never do anything to hurt our son. Good luck!

mommynac
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Mine does that. And in my case, it couldn't be the farthest thing from the truth. (LOL)

Robsessed98
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Even though it's none of his business, it's not unusual for a man to not want you, but not want anyone else to have you either... don't ask me why.  Don't tell him anything until you're to the point where the other man is going to play an active role in your child's life.... then it's his business.

curly287
by Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:43 AM
My ex is always trying to figure out if I am dating and always asks what I am doing when I call my daughter and am not at home. I always say 'out to dinner with friends' but it still makes me mad that he is asking what I am doing. It is all about control!
I had one relationship that he only found out about when he showed up at my house when he wasn't supposed to...he still insists he should have a key to my house! Like I would ever give him one!
andyroosmama
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM

WTF? My ex will knock once and let himself in... I leave the door unlocked home... asking if I have company over... Well, lo and behold one day he just may find 6'8" 375lbs of man answering my door or questioning why he just walks in... lmao... I dare him to ask BF who he is... BF already knows the situation... gah!

Quoting curly287:

My ex is always trying to figure out if I am dating and always asks what I am doing when I call my daughter and am not at home. I always say 'out to dinner with friends' but it still makes me mad that he is asking what I am doing. It is all about control!
I had one relationship that he only found out about when he showed up at my house when he wasn't supposed to...he still insists he should have a key to my house! Like I would ever give him one!

steviechick
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:53 PM

My ex still thinks we should be penpals even though he walked out on me.  My guess is control issues, he still feels guilt about what he's done to destroy our marriage, and he still thinks after nearly 27 years I should be a part of his miserable life. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM
I'd rip him a new ine aski my kid my business. Kids shouldn't be messengers or put in he middle. It's none I his business if you date or fuck someone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andyroosmama
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Amen to that! I don't try to make his life my business with the exception of how my kids are being cared for... and that is it

Quoting faerie75:

I'd rip him a new ine aski my kid my business. Kids shouldn't be messengers or put in he middle. It's none I his business if you date or fuck someone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN