Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Help please

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok so i moved back in with my parents about a month ago and ever since i did my son stopped coming to me for affection and to console with boo boos.Tonight he fell off my moms bed and i picked him up and he started kicking and hitting me cuss he didnt want me.Its starting to really hurt my heart. i dont understand what i did. I get stuck doing alot of the house stuff so moms the entertaiment commity alot. But i dont get how that would change things. i just dont know how all this is changing and i swear today he was sitting on her lap going mom mom . I wanted to cry!

by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Tashia07
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:47 PM

My son went through that phase when my mother moved in with us.  She was always the one I ran to for comfort, and still do.  My son sees that and from time to time he chooses her over me.  You need to sit down with your parents and make sure they are aware of youe feelings (especially your mother). Make sure you establish some ground rules and they respect that you are his mother, that they understand they need to step back and let you raise your son, and let them know you appreciate their love for both you and your son.

We really went through a rough patch for about 3 months, before I spoke with my mama and let her know to back off.  I realized that I was allowing her to parent my son, and as a result my son stopped listening to me.... it was almost like he was treating me like a sibling then his mother.  It really broke my heart and almost destroyed my relationship with my mother. 

So talk to her and let her know how you view what is going on, she may not notice what is happening.

KandMforever
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:52 PM
I feel ya. I'm going to have to move in with my mom soon and I'm scared of that e already prefers her over me when we are around her. I'm super sad I wish I could afford to move into my own place
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danielle17T
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:55 PM
My son did that for a while if he had a boo boo he wanted my brother or my now ex bf it hurt my feelings! He eventually stopped& now he wants his mommy for any kind of comforting& I love it! I bet ur son is just going through a phase now but I definitely agree it would probably help to talk with ur mom& tell her what u c going on& how it hurts u. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM

My kids used to run to "Gammy" like that too... now my grandchildren do the same thing.  Don't sweat it.  He knows who mom is and isn't replacing you.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:01 AM
I think it just a phase. My kids did that for a bit, even when we didn't live with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM
When I moved across town my daughter did things like that. Just took her a month or 2 to settle in and then things went back to normal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM

As they grow older, they're are bound to make change.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN