Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

sucks having no girl friends to talk to.. :/

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:50 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I recently started talking to an ex. We dated for 3 years, then broke up pretty much bc his family hated me, and he was a complete mommas boy. So the relationship just quit working.

Well its been a couple years and I've had a baby since then (not his). & now he has a baby on the way. (His second, from two dif girls ). He's changed alot as well it seems. And we were talking about him and his pregnant girl friend breaking up and the problems they're having. And he pretty much said he wants to get back together w me.

I feel so torn. I love or have so much love for this kid! He really was my first love. We got together when I was just 16! He became a part of my family, and even lived w me for awhile. Anyways my dilema is.. I do still care so I don't want us to get back together n things not work. But I know ill always love him.

And.... I know that if my daughters father came back into the picture id end up ruining whatever relationship I was in at the time. It sounds stupid, I know. But that's just what my mind keeps telling me.

Ugh I dont even know why im writing all this. I guess it just helps to get it off my chest and talk about everything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindsayjo21
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Do what ur heart is telling u to do! Be careful not to trust to ur fullest til u know how he is because u never know what's going to happen n baby on the way and another that doesn't mean anything were all parents! Do what makes u happy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Do what you feel is best.  Don't be afraid to start a new relationship though. 

animebuddy
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:09 AM

Personally Im not into men who are with someone and professing their love for another and speaking of dumping the current gf for a new one.  JMO.

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:16 AM
They already broke up.

Quoting animebuddy:

Personally Im not into men who are with someone and professing their love for another and speaking of dumping the current gf for a new one.  JMO.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Do what you think is best hun...good luck!

luckykarebear
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM
3 moms liked this

From experience, an ex is an ex for a reason. if his family didn't like you then, they probably won't like you now. I have gone back to ex's many times and its never worked!

Lillybug12
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you and the baby's father trying to work things out? Why would you be letting him back into the picture?

It's easy to say this as an outsider looking in, but I always say that they are an ex for a reason. He may seem different, but its unlikely that the reasons you broke up will not resurface. Really, this would apply to both exes. I think it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that you wont find someone new that you are compatible with, but you will.

72Dru
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Sorry to hear about your confusion, but I think follow heart will help you out everytime.

Jenn_14
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM

This is all just MY thought, because in the end you will do what you want. I am kinda in the same boat. Except mine is a tangled weave that has lasted almost 4 years. As much has you had feeling for him way back when, you have to think what is best for you and your heart and your baby now. Because you and  that baby are the only things that need to matter right now.

I have came to a conclusion last night that as much as i want to be with the babies father becuase he was my first in many ways if you know what i mean. But i decided if he cant make up his mind NOW what he wants...do i want to put myself in that position to continually be hurt by him?

Good luck, life never gives us easy choices does it? But as long as YOU make the decison that is all that matters.

Satterfield19
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I'm sorry Mama, but BD and I are trying to work it out and our relationship is way better this time around. With that being said I no longer put up with any shit! You were way young back then so things just might be very different, but espesically with your LO being involved I would be extremely cautious!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)