Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Should I get 2 Holidays????

Posted by   + Show Post

How many of us are single moms with "sperm donors"? I am... no contact since I was 3 months pregnant with DD, and since SD has told people we're ooooh sooo in love having another baby and that he is an oh so wonderful father to his SON!!!! HELLO ASS HAT I HAD A BABY GIRL AND WOULDN'T PEE ON YOU TO PUT YOU OUT IF YOU WENT UP IN FLAMES!!!!

So with that being said.... if your a single Mom like me I think we should celebrate Father's Day as well since we are both Mom and Dad!!!!!

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Replies (11-14):
Chanel5nyc
by Shanell on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM
No. I'm a mother. No matter how much you feel like you doing two roles, you are not a father. But to each their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamiW0611
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Quoting faerie75:

Not really. Am just mom. Dads are important and needed. Unfortunately, some of us don't have one available so we do what we gotta do.

I have to ask.... how are dads needed and important? I didn't have a stable or reliable one growing up, and my DD certiantly doesn't either... so how is it important or needed?

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:43 AM
They are very important. They teach a boy how to be a man, and how a girl should expect to be treated. I'm not saying a mom can't try to do these things, and obviously if you don't have the dad available, you gotta do what you gotta do and hope for the best.

Remember, I have been at this single mom game a lot longer than MOST of you. I also did my fair share of beating my chest and declaring my boys didn't NEED their stupid dad. But they are teens now. And guess what, they do need a dad. Fortunately my kids dad isn't a TOTAL dead beat, he's just half ass as hell. While you or some others might have to deal with the "why doesn't my dad want me" questions, I dealt with the "why am I not my dads priority" questions. It's a different pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crzctl8de
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Quoting JamiW0611:

Quoting faerie75:

Not really. Am just mom. Dads are important and needed. Unfortunately, some of us don't have one available so we do what we gotta do.

I have to ask.... how are dads needed and important? I didn't have a stable or reliable one growing up, and my DD certiantly doesn't either... so how is it important or needed?

sounds like this should be a new post? lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)