Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Protective

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM
  • 12 Replies
My dd's dad came to visit last weekend. He hasn't seen dd in about 5 months, he does not support her in anyway, and does nothing but make excuses. Anyway he came over my parents house to see (I don't want him knowing where me and dd live) her and omfg he bought his gf! Wtf. That was a slap in the face and I found it extremely disrespectful. No, not because he has a gf, that I could care less about. But he has not seen his dd in months, he only see's her about twice a year, and ontop of that dd is 2 and does not know him. He doesn't know her fave colors, movies, foods, books, nothing......
I thought it was uncalled for and I would never bring my SO over his family's house unless we were married for awhile. He hasn't called or texted since then so I haven't gotten a chance to tell him how inappropriate that was. Do you think I'm overreacting??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I would be upset too.  He could have at least asked first.

Robsessed98
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM

It all depends on how serious the relationship is.  The least he could have done was mention it to you and ask if it was ok.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:48 AM
Yes. Don't let it bother you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarinaVictoria
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Quoting faerie75:

So you wouldn't mind if your dead beat "baby daddy" brought his gf to your parents house and she wasn't even going to bother to say hi.......

strongerwtime
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM

nope not overreacting imo. For now let it go...BUT the next time there is communication between the two of you..tell him then. I would not suggest reaching out to him though. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM
I would mind if she didn't say hi. All in all I wouldn't have te visit at my house so it's a moot point. Id have met him a the park or McDonald's and have take a friend. However I would have acted approachable because its best for your kid that her dad try to step up and in order to facilitate that, I put my best foot forward. It's about your kid, not you or his gf. I will say, he could have given you warning.

Quoting MarinaVictoria:

Quoting faerie75:

So you wouldn't mind if your dead beat "baby daddy" brought his gf to your parents house and she wasn't even going to bother to say hi.......

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarinaVictoria
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM
That's exactly what I did. He texted to ask what dd was doing. I told him and he said ok bye. But I told him, he got mad and said she would be coming with him from now on.....so from there I snapped and I went OFF!

Quoting strongerwtime:

nope not overreacting imo. For now let it go...BUT the next time there is communication between the two of you..tell him then. I would not suggest reaching out to him though. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongerwtime
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Ok so are you mad at her? or him?....I thought yourissue was originally with him bringing her...not the fact that she didnt say hi.  I think just addressing yourconcern about him bringing her to your "parents" home would be a valid one to discuss with him but only if HE reaches out to you...and just leave it at that...otherwise it just comes off as you being jealous....which is not the case. So dont even give HIM the satisfaction.

Quoting MarinaVictoria:

Quoting faerie75:

MarinaVictoria
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM
I total agree with what your saying. I admit I have been the bigger person for years, but once he did this I snapped.

Quoting faerie75:

I would mind if she didn't say hi. All in all I wouldn't have te visit at my house so it's a moot point. Id have met him a the park or McDonald's and have take a friend. However I would have acted approachable because its best for your kid that her dad try to step up and in order to facilitate that, I put my best foot forward. It's about your kid, not you or his gf. I will say, he could have given you warning.

Quoting MarinaVictoria:

Quoting faerie75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarinaVictoria
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM
I agree. I was mad at him for bringing her. I also thought it was disrespectful for her not to say hi. But you are right.

Quoting strongerwtime:

Ok so are you mad at her? or him?....I thought yourissue was originally with him bringing her...not the fact that she didnt say hi.  I think just addressing yourconcern about him bringing her to your "parents" home would be a valid one to discuss with him but only if HE reaches out to you...and just leave it at that...otherwise it just comes off as you being jealous....which is not the case. So dont even give HIM the satisfaction.

Quoting MarinaVictoria:

Quoting faerie75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)