Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

New to the Forum

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:39 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hello, my name is Desiree. I am just trying to network and see what all you other single mothers do to keep it all together! I have a six year old daughter and a four year old son. I have been divorced for three and a half years. My ex moved away and is never around. I work a job and go to college full-time. How do you all manage to keep the house clean AND make time for yourself? I feel like I am always chasing my tail.

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Robsessed98
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Welcome to the group.  I don't know how single mothers do it all, we just do... we are superwomen after all lol.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Welcome!! My boys are the same age!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Hi, Desiree and welcome to the group.  Good for you for going to school and having a job.  That has to be very hard considering you have two children to raise.  My advice is to take each day at a time.  Pace yourself with job/school.  Cleaning the house - I'd pace that, too.  Your kids are too young to help out but perhaps they can at least help pick-up their rooms at the end of the day.  That's what me and my DD did when she was that little.  It helps them learn how to be responsible and gives you the afforded time to clean-up the kitchen or have some down time in front of the tv.  I would space my cleaning during the night by vacuuming one night and just regular clean the bathrooms, etc. on an another night.  Not everything can be done every night.  You do have 7 days in a week so use the time wisely. 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Welcome Desiree!

Being a single mom isn't always easy, but it sure is worth it.  As for keeping the house clean, I've been paying my kids to do extra chores this summer to help out.  It's a lot of work!  :)

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Hi and welcome  to the group.

No time to clean the house.  Having too much fun with the children.

bamababe1975
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Welcome to the group! Enlist your kids' help in cleaning and reward them for a job well done. They can do a lot more than you think they can at their ages. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN