Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Name Blame Game :/

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:24 PM
  • 37 Replies

Well I have a different situation and in result of this situation the father of my child and I are not together. Now even though We barley talk because we don't really get along, we keep in contact do to the baby. Now here's the thing..... he HATES the name that I've chosen ( I understand. Its a very different name)  now  even though we aren't together and I'm like 99.6% sure he won't be here for the child, should I give a flying pigs butt if he likes the name or not.

Lets be real ladies. If your donor tried to enforce a strong input would you listen.???

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Don't know what you are talking about.

candymandy
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM
No. He gets to make a verbal input when he's made a physical financial and emotional one first. Otherwise you picked the name you like it. Good for you. He'll have to suck it up or what's most likely he'll move along.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FemMommy
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Thanks for the welcome.!

Im asking if your a single parent would you listen to your bd's negitive comments on the name you chose for the baby.?

FemMommy
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Quoting candymandy:

No. He gets to make a verbal input when he's made a physical financial and emotional one first. Otherwise you picked the name you like it. Good for you. He'll have to suck it up or what's most likely he'll move along.

Yeah Well I had/have no intention on him being there. I guess I just wanted to know if I was "wrong" for feeling like his input doesnt matter.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Depends on his reasons for not liking the name. If you are naming the kid something off the wall, I say yes you should listen to reason. But if its a pretty regular name, I say tell him to shut up.

And the reason I say this is because you describe the name as very different which makes me worry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2829
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM
What's the name?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FemMommy
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Well I was thinking of   ( name- meaning)

Zion- of Pure mind and Heart           OR               Castiel-  My cover is God

MorganShaye
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

No I wouldnt listen to him. My daughters "sperm donor" and I were not together when I was pregnant. He was with another woman helping her raise her 4 kids (none of them were his). Anyway, he hated the name "Morgan" and said I should name her something different. Now I know that "Morgan" isnt an unusual name or anything but since I found out I was pregnant that name hit me and stuck with me. I loved it. I named her Morgan. He doesnt have anything to do with her. Never sees her, never calls her, never pays a dime. NOTHING. So in the end it didnt really matter. I knew I was the only one going to be raising her so I chose her name. I dont regret it. She looks like a Morgan :)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group I let the donor think he had input but I chose day's name. Personally I'm not a fan of either name but it is not my choice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I know lots of Zion so that's not an off the wall name, imo.

I like the name Zion.

Quoting FemMommy:

Well I was thinking of   ( name- meaning)

Zion- of Pure mind and Heart           OR               Castiel-  My cover is God

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN