Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So upset, I'm actually shaking and throwing up.

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM
  • 17 Replies
I've posted here before about my son being around my ex's new gf well what I was dreading came true. My son called her mom yesterday but that is not it. I was called in the middle of the night to be asked why I told my son not to listen to her and that he could hit her. Of course I would never say such a thing! In the end she told me she will be a bitch to me from now on and emphasized that my son calls her mom every morning, how she sleeps with my son every night and how happy they are. Told me I was a bad mother and ended with him asking me when I will just give up and sign over my rights. This is the last blow for me I feel so sick I'm physically sick from all this, I feel I'm either going to do something stupid or have a nervous breakdown. Please someone with any advice I can't take this drama anymore. If it helps at all I live in California.
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I'm sorry that you are going through this.  It's certainly not fair for your ex and the gf to be mean to you.  It sounds like to me that you are getting second hand informaiton and that you need to clarify what is really being said between your son and the gf.  If anything YOU are the mom and YOU should get the respect of being your son's mother.  You should talk to your ex about this and tell him that you will no longer accept your son calling this gf 'mom'.  She isn't even his step-mom.  I have one and she's never been called 'mom'.  I've called her by her first name and have for nearly 40 years.  I would at least have a good long talk with your son and explain that you are his mom and only you will be called this.  I know it's upsetting to think that your son isn't giving you the respect you deserve.  He's little and doesn't understand what's going on.  Don't get so upset about this.  There are ways to work things out.  The gf needs to know her place that's for sure.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM
I'm in the same boat op not sure what my daughter calls her sm but she came home one day calling me mama(i said no babygirl mommy, i'm mommy) she still will let it slip but calls me mommy . I said step mommy in front of her and the ex I think ot upset him (i heard step mommy umph come out of one of their mouths) since then he's been trying to get me to have a nervous breakdown and has been claiming i'm a druggie and a slut(drug test me asshole & I have an apt to get tested for stds tuesday) and none of it's true my advice seek counseling for you and your son give your ex hell mama but don't give up on your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

She's just a bitch and he's a prick.  Don't let them get to you.  They are just trying to upset you... don't give them what they want.

SuperWoman8
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I bet she's just full of it!

withallmylove
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:59 AM

At the end of the day YOU ARE THE MOMMY

Jenn_14
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I am sorry, i really wish i could give you advice, but unfortuanly i think that is just the way some people are. Stay calm and breath, go scream in a pillow. Do what you have to do, without going crazy. It will settle down, everything seems much more dramatic when it first happens. As for her, tell the bitch to grow up and understand that you are his mom, she is just passing through.

Greenemommy
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:11 PM
What I'm scared of is that they will try to keep him away from me I work graveyard shifts and they take care if him.
m2b8609
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM

cant you find a daycare for your son or an in home sitter and get state help? id say talk to ur ex about how that just wrong and how would he like it if it was the other way around?

Quoting Greenemommy:

What I'm scared of is that they will try to keep him away from me I work graveyard shifts and they take care if him.

mylilgooberpea
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM

YOU are the one who gave birth to your baby. She can never replace you unless YOU let her!!! I'm not saying keep your LO from the gf you have no control over that, Just keep being the mom you've always been. Never talk bad about the gf in front of your LO. Let your LO know that you realize the LO likes the GF. Its ok for the LO to even eventually love the GF if they stay together, calling the GF ms. Sandy or whatever her first name is, is good way to show respect. Don't let it get to you. They are using this to try and control you to question your mothering. Don't let them get in between you and your LO. Hugs keep your chin up be strong for your LO!

juggling Just a single mom living my life for my wonderful son! toddler boy

mylilgooberpea
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:33 PM

They cant by law keep your child away, thats kidnaping. Talk to your local police station and see what your rights are!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)