Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

BTDT moms - advice on sharing a newborn while breastfeeding?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

This is our first baby but we're not together anymore - I'd like to figure out the best way for the father to spend time with her while she's still breastfeeding. We'd both like to avoid going to court, if possible.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kenre
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Right now my 4 week old gets visits from her dad when he wants them. After 2 weeks I agreed to meet halfway. Her older brothers go everyother weekend. We live far apart. I allow him time when he wants it. Hopefully your ex is more involved, though. Mine doesnt take the time offered to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tashia07
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Pump some milk teach him how to warm it up and let him take the baby a few hours.  Or if you can stand to  be around him let him spend time with the baby in your home.  You can nap, do laundry, clean, go shopping.

Tish_Hughes
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Pump. If he's keeping the baby for the weekend, pump and take him the milk daily.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi and welcome to the group.

It's advisable to have everything in writing.  EVen if you two can come to agreement, a court order is best, at least you will have it legally documented if something happens down the road.

armybratmom612
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't let him take baby until three months when you will have a well established supply and the worst of the growth spurts are done but what me and my ex did was he would come spend time with my daughter while I showered napped got caught up on housework or ran for groceries. I would even go to a friends In the next apt building and he would call when she was hungry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN