Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Please read. I am very upset.

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM
  • 10 Replies
My DD was born tiny at 5.24 pounds and 15.5 inches long full term. She has small genes....for example:

I am 5'3
Ex-DH is 5'5
My mom is 5'1
My grandma and great grandma were 4'11
Exes mom was 4'10
My first cousin on dads side is 4'9

DD just turned 4 and is 35 inches and 24 pounds. She grew 4 inches in height this past year but she only gained 2 pounds. She is healthy, smart (has met or exceeded all her milestones), and not emaciated or malnourished in ANY way according to her Pedi. However, her Pedi said if she does not gain a pound by August 1, she has to get a feeding G-Tube) in her tummy. She said we need to "fatten" her up and we can put pediasure in her G-tube all night.

Oh hell no! If there is no medical reason beyond her being a bit underweight, why should I subject her to surgery and a thbe that could be in for years (according to the Pedi)? I am so pissed. CAN THEY MAKE ME PUT A TUBE IN HER? She is on medicaid and all that and I fear the doctor telling them or CPS I am denying her medical care or something!!!!! I am afraid I will be made to have the tube in.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mollymae09
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:30 AM
She seems tiny. But as long as she's growing on her curve, I don't see why there'd be a need for a tube. I'd seems different doc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this
id get a second opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:32 AM
I would get a second opinion, what state do you live in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Get a second opinon.

ms.momo3
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe try giving her pediasure with breakfast and right before bed to see if that helps?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMamma1982
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Second opinion for sure!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kikitice
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Quoting Robsessed98:

id get a second opinion.

Definitely get a second opinion. The state can intervene of course but make sure that you get all the information available so that you can make an informed opinion. I know it is scary and the immediate reaction is no, but as a parent it is our duty to look at all the options to make sure that our children are healthy. If you are a praying person, pray for guidance. I'll be praying for you all.

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:44 AM
i dont think they can. my sister was always tiny. til last fall she was 5'4" and 115lbs. then her thyroid worsened and shes now 150.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonneVie
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:58 AM
She has had a full panel of genetics testing with a top genetecist. She has seen a cardio, ENT, GI, and opthamologist and been released from care because she is fine. She had complete allergey testing...both blood and skin...and the blood was both IGe and IGg. There is nothing wrong. I have taken her to doctors in three states. Her medical bills before her medicaid bankrupted my ex and I. I take her to OT and hippatherapy every week. She finally finished PT and ST. Iits just frustrating, kwim?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
animebuddy
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:48 AM
I would get a second opinion. My daughter is 5 and 37 inches....she weighs 30 pounds and is small but healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)